Author

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 am   Post subject: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

Dear iSpring Developers,

I would like to request that a checkbox be added to the QuizMaker Settings > Results section which prevents QuizMaker from prompting the user for a username and email address when the quiz opens.

My reason? I'm currently integrating QuizMaker into a Drupal website where users have already registered and logged in. Asking them to enter their name and email for every quiz they take *after logging in* will be the difference between choosing QuizMaker or the competition. It's really *that* annoying!

If anyone would like a copy of the Drupal 6 module I've made, please reply to this thread and I'll send you a copy. I will also be uploading it as a module to the Drupal website in the next few days.

My customer will be purchasing the powerpoint to flash converter soon so it would be good to buy presenter for the integrated quiz builder instead of pro.

Thanks for hearing my plea for help!

-anodyne

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

The student is asked for the name and email in case you specified in options "send Quiz results via email". If you uncheck this option such message won't appear before taking the quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:16 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

Thanks for the fast reply Mikhail,

I have "Send Quiz Results via Email" and "Send Detailed Results" unticked too. Only "Send quiz result to server" is ticked.

The documentation at:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... _quiz.html
for "Send quiz result to server" says:
NOTE: If this option is ticked, an authorization is asked when starting the quiz.

The same "NOTE" is present at the end of the "Send quiz result to email" description. So it looks like asking for a Name and Email Address happens whenever either "Send quiz results via email" or "Send quiz result to server" is ticked/checked.

It makes sense to ask for a user's email address if quiz results are being sent directly to them via email, but when sending quiz results to a web server, often the server will already know who is logged in when the quiz results are transmitted to the server.

Thanks for your assistance,

-anodyne.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

Thank you for your comment. Yes, this information is also asked when sending results to the server. I am sorry that I forgot to mention it.

I agree that server could store the data about the students and in that case there is no necessity to ask for email and name as our system does. However, there are also common cases when server doesn't know any information about person who is taking a quiz and then it will be impossible to distinguish the results being sent.

We are going to improve sending quiz results module in next versions of iSpring products, so such situations will not demand additional user inputs. Thanks for your remarks and assistance we appreciate it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

Hi,

I'm interested in your integration of this with Drupal. Can you please send me your module? I'm keen to see how to handle the quiz completion... (External Interface? ...Javascript wrapper?)

Cheers.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

What kind of module are you interested in? Could you please explain? iSpring converts learning course into the usual Flash .swf format and it could be inserted into your website as any other FlashMovie.

You can get quiz results via email or send them to server.

Please contact us at support mail to get more information on this.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:37 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker - Send Quiz Result to Server

Just a little follow up to my previous post.

iSpring doesn't have Drupal module for quiz interaction yet.

Profile profile test