Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:49 pm   Post subject: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Very excited to see new 5.5 for Presenter and overall I'm impressed with iSpring's frequent software updates, but not too pleased to see what happened to the graphical options in Quizmaker.
I'm working on an ongoing project that has to be translated into 14 languages. The PowerPoint file indludes 5 inserted quizzes. When I went to edit a quiz after upgrading to 5.5, I was surprised to see that the color/layout options have changed and the old ones can't be accessed at all. Since my client has already approved the look we submitted a month ago, I had to uninstall the new version and go back to 5.0.
Should my older formatting have been preserved? I downgraded to 5.0 so fast I can't remember if I started from an old quiz or was just inserting a new one. It's too bad if the new version can't preserve formatting already established with the old software. Any possibility this backward compatibilty may be included in a point release?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

I completely agree with this. I have made in the region of 100 exercises using QuizMaker, including the ones that are showcased on both the iSpring website and the new QuizMaker website. I am about half way through a suite of exercises and am very loath to change the look and feel of my exercises at this point. As stated in my previous post I have had to downgrade because of the pass/fail error in the program, but the lack of support for the original quiz design/layout will mean that I will not upgrade until I begin a new project.
An option to choose the original layout should be included if possible.

Another minor point is that the navigation structure on the quizzes, where you use the drop down to select a question, now requires you to click on the select button to take you there. The older version simply took you to the question when you clicked on it - much better in my opinion as the fewer clicks the better. Could you please change it back?

Thank you ever so much.

canonave

P.S. When will features like copying questions be implemented do you think? Please see my previous posts for details.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:02 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Thank you for posting here. We have fixed this issue in the new version of our product and this fix will be included into the next build which is scheduled to be released within several days.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:17 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Mikhail, are you talking about all the issues, including backward compatibility?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

No, compatibility with the old style quizzes won't be implemented in our product.

We are sorry that the new improvements of our product don't fit your requirements. We update our products every 2-4 month and release minor updates for the products. It includes bug fixing, interface improvement and new features implementing.

If you want to have the old quiz look, you can still use 5.0 version. However, there are some cons:
- 5.0 version won't be improved and supported after 5.5 release any more.
- 5.0 couldn't be installed with 5.5 at the one time.
- 5.0 won't support quizzes created in 5.5 version and higher.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Mikhail, I think that as policy, not including backward compatability is totally wrong-headed. What would the marketplace say if Microsoft released new software that rendered all your old files useless?

Very Very bad. iSpring should be rethinking this one. Why would anyone make such a choice?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Thank you for your posts so much.

We finally came to conclusion that we must include the compatibility with old style players in Quiz. I am sorry for making you confused but I am sure that it will be implemented in one of the next versions for QuizMaker.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:25 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Any idea when? I just found out my other issue was addressed in 5.5, but I can't use it until the larger issue of the design is fixed.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: V 5.5 Quiz Maker backward compatibility

Since this project has been initiated rather recently due to some customers requests, it will be implemented in a couple of months or earlier.

Profile profile test