Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm   Post subject: continued QuizMaker discussion

I hope other members of this forum will comment on this.

Continuing the last thread, Mikhail suggested in an email that I deactivate one of my installations of 5.0 and then upgrade to 5.5.

Thanks for the reply Mikhail, but that’s not a solution for me. I use the program on both my active computers and cannot have either one removed for the sake of upgrading.

While I am very pleased overall with the iSpring product and would like to continue using it, the lack of backward compatibility with the new version of QuizMaker has left me with two options. 1) purchasing an additional license and installing 5.5 on another computer, or 2) never upgrading the software again on my current license. Frankly, neither of these options is very good.

I can’t understand how iSpring can think that their user base would willingly roll over and accept this. You basically are telling people that it’s “too bad, that’s the way it is” when what you should be saying is “thanks for your concerns and here’s a workaround” or “we will address this issue in a point release very soon”.

Most quizzes are updated with regularity and to suddenly have to explain to clients why they look so radically different is putting us in a bad position. Never updating the software just to maintain the Quiz “look” is denying a segment of your customers the ability to enjoy the benefits of your further software development.

Does anyone else see the need for some kind of “retain original formatting” or some feature like that within the new software?

I certainly hope the senior people at iSpring are aware of this problem as I’m sure you have other users frustrated with this lack of legacy support.

Charles Radanovich

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: continued QuizMaker discussion

We understand that downgrading of the software is not a good option. But now it is the only workaround for this problem.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We are going to discuss the possibility of switching between new and old style views according to your requirements.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:58 pm   Post subject: Re: continued QuizMaker discussion

Thanks Mikhail, Now at least I believe you see that it IS a problem. Looking forward to the solution.

Please let me know when it's available so I can upgrade to 5.5.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:05 pm   Post subject: Re: continued QuizMaker discussion

Hi Charles

You have my full support, Presenter is not a cheap piece of software and we need iSpring to appreciate existing users and the potential future revenue that we represent.

They should definitely therefore take these types of complaints seriously. I also ran into some issues with Quiz Maker, but will first see if I can recreate it then post it here.

So far I am happy with Presenter, but posts like these make me fearful for the future use of the Product. I also do not want to be in a position soon where backwards compatibility becomes an issue.

The iSpring team so far has been great for me, I hope this good support will continue into the future :-)

Good luck!

Profile profile test