Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:43 pm   Post subject: load presentation into a swf

I am building a custom interface for a ispring presenter generated swf. I have this working fine in two ways. One if I publish my file as an air app it loads the ispring presenter generated swf just fine. The other if I publish my file as a swf and I load the ispring presenter generated swf from a server using a full http://mydomain.com/presentation.swf. However the problem is if I have my presentation sitting next to my published file and want to load it locally. this does not work and gives me url not found. if I load it using just flash loader it loads so I know the url is correct. I really need it load into a swf as that will be la module that loads into my main app. I have other swf modules loading fine I am not sure why this would be any different.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:05 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

Please use CPresentation loader inetrface to load converted FlashMovies with iSpring Presenter into your project. You can learn more at the following page in our online documentation:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/to ... oader.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

where can I download those classes from? currently were using ispring.as2player

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:42 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

could not find the classes any where on your site so I had to install the sdk and found them.

However your the example code does not work. it generates the following error.

C:\Users\dave\Desktop\SmartModule\src\fsplayer\api\IPlayer.as, Line 1 5007: An ActionScript file must have at least one externally visible definition.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

Please run samples from the directory of the original iSpring SDK installation. All the samples provided are working correctly.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

none of the samples in the sdk use the fsplayer api classes. the link you providedhttp://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/sdk_index/as_api/cpresentationloader.html with this code

Code:
import fsplayer.api.*;

var loader:CPresentationLoader = new CPresentationLoader();

// this object (in our case it is _root MovieClip) will listening to the player
loader.setPlayerListener(this);

// load generated Flash presentation
loader.loadClip("presentation.swf", presentation);

// this method is invoked when player gets initialized
function onPlayerInit(p:IPlayer):Void
{
    // add your extra initialization code here
}

gives this error

C:\Users\dave\Desktop\SmartModule\src\fsplayer\api\IPlayer.as, Line 1 5007: An ActionScript file must have at least one externally visible definition.

now this appears to be an issue with the fsplayer api that you sugested we try to use with a flex app. to resolve the issues mentioned in this post.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:07 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

Can you please address this issue. We have paid good money for the software and it is not doing what it was advertised to do, your code samples and classes appear to be broken. We have invested time and money into developing with this product and now are at a standstill in this project due to these issues.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:13 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, however I figured out the reason of this issue.

The matter of the problem is the following: Flex uses ActionScript 3.0 while our conversion code is written in AS 2.0. Please use AS 3 connector to run this code in your Flex environment.

Please find the respective article clicking the link below:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/presenter_index/as_api/actionscript3_and_flex.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:09 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

please read the original post. That is the method I am using and is giving errors when used as an air app. It gives an url path error even though the url is correct and using the same path I can load the presentation using the standard flash functions, but with those I cant control the presentation. That is when you suggested using fsplayer which now you say is as2. Please advise on how to resolve this issue, after reading the original post.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

The path error is occurred since when using ispring.as2player.PresentationLoader class, URL string contains 2 more parameters. They establish local connections between loaded Flash presentation and PresentationLoader. The URL looks like: mypresentation.swf?param1=value1&param2=value2 which cannot be accepted by FlashPlayer as a file name, while it is the valid URL.

Please choose the most appropriate method to avoid this problem:
1. Use internet browser for opening.
2. Load this sample from within Adobe AIR application.
3. It is possible to load it using standalone Flash Player 10.

If you need further instrcutions on this topic please contact us at support [at] ispringsolutions.com and I would be glad to provide you with more advanced instructions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

I have no idea what your talking about. I am not trying to pass any variable to the swf via url I am simply trying to load presenter.swf file into an air app

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:07 pm   Post subject: Re: load presentation into a swf

Sir, please contact us at our support mail with the definite description for this problem.

Profile profile test