Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:37 pm   Post subject: Trouble with conversion of a PPT file

Hello,

I'm having a trouble with the conversion of a ppt file. This file has been created under PPT 2010 and has voice and videos included.

The file weighs approximately 176 Mo

Each time I try to convert it, I have an error message : Issue with the conversion of the file and I am invited to send a report.

Any idea would be very helpful.

Is there a limitation for the size of the files to be converted ?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Thomas

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 am   Post subject: Re: Trouble with conversion of a PPT file

If you are trying to convert rather big presentation into a single Flash file, there could be some difficulties though. It is related to the finite size of Physical Memory for every computer. The bigger presentation, the bigger memory size is demanded. Also it is related to the Flash format restrictions which cannot support movies with greater than about 40000 frames or objects in them.
However, it is pretty easy to get converted any big presentation flawlessly. Please go through the following steps:
1. Detach media to store all embedded content outside the .swf file. To do that, please click Publish, choose Advanced tab and check the checkbox next to "Video clips" (or even maybe "Audio files").
2. Convert presentation to separate slides. To turn this option on, please, click Publish button and unmark "All in one Flash file" at the General tab.
I hope it helps you to convert your presentation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Trouble with conversion of a PPT file

Everything is working well with your help !

Thank you very much for your precise answer !

I introduced iSpring Presenter to my team (learning for development - training team) and they were impressed. iSpring will give us a lot of new opportunities and we are really glad to use it right now (already 8 e-learning created after a month and a half !).

Thank you once again

Regards

Thomas

Profile profile test