Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 am   Post subject: Continual rashes

Does this software really work consistently?

I get continual crashes :' "Power point to flash" conversion error'
and 'Video conversion error'

There is nothing wrong in Powerpoints OPTIONS -Addins - ispring is listed in Active Application add-Ins and NOT in Disabled Items.

Are only some types of video files supported?

Some of mine are mpgs, some wmvs

HELP- really frustrated and about to go elsewhere.

PPT is 2007 SP 3
Machine Intel Pentium IV 3 GHz
2.00 G RAM

Garry Stone

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Hi, thanks for your post.

iSpring software supports AVI/WMV/MPG/MP4 video formats.

I would recommend you do the following: open iSpring Publish window --> General tab --> unmark "All in one Flash file". Then please move to Advanced tab --> Detach media content area --> mark "Video clips" and convert the presentation one more time.

If the problem repeats, please click "Send report" link in iSpring error message window. The program will automatically send us the files necessary for the further research.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:22 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Thank you Stacey,

Gosh you people reply FAST!

Tried the solution but it crashed mmediately. I have sent the files using the "send report"option; I hope the log files went as when I clicked "SEnd" the Attachment field went blank.

Thank you

Garry

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:56 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacey,

A followup note: outlook express gave the error when attsent you the ERROR REPORT:

The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'Fw: [Error Report iSpring Presenter] Video conversion error', Account: 'mail.optusnet.com.au', Server: 'mail.optusnet.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 5.2.3 Message exceeds maximum fixed size (52428800)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D

Garry

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:57 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacey,

I have sent you the PPT presentation as a rar file.

Garry Stone

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacy,

Did you receive my presentation as a rar file?
Is there anything else you wish me to send you?

Thank you,
Garry Stone

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Hi Garry,

Yes, we have received the file. It seems that our response was blocked by the spam-filter of your email client.

To research the problem we also need the video files that are inserted to the presentation. The issue is that inserted videos are not stored in the original presentation but are linked to it as external objects. If it is possible, please send us these video files for further research.

It would also be very helpful if you could send us the errorlog.txt file as it contains some technical information that is very useful. Please do the following: convert the presentation one more time, when the error message appears please click "What files will be sent" link and launch the errorlog.txt document, copy the text and send it to us as a regular email message.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:24 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacy,

I think I found the files you wanted and I have sent them to you.
Thank you for your help.
Garry

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacy,

I have uninstalled Spamhilator but I have not heard from you. I have not long left on my trial of the software.

Is the problem solvable?

Garry

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacy,

I note the "Video conversion error" message in the text file:

Video conversion error: Could not connect audio to mux Error: 0x80004005
* Evaluation product copy

There are NO videos in the presentation at all. I have removed them completely and I still get the error and software crash.

Anyone else have these problems, if so how did you solve them??

Garry

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:57 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It seems that my previous answer was not delivered to you either.

We have researched the issue and tested the videos that you sent. It seems that the problem is related to the fact that one of the video files - Khufu fly silent 1.wmv - is of the Advanced Systems Format (ASF file) and cannot be converted properly.

We have converted this file to the supported AVI video clip. I am resending you the file from our support email address, please check if it would arrive. Please remove the original WMV file from your PowerPoint presentation and insert the AVI video file, then please convert the presentation one more time. Now the conversion should go correctly.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 am   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacy,

Thank you for your work. Your email did not arrive with the file. I have n spam filter now and I checked with my Telco but it was not there either.

I removed all the video files from the presentation but it still crashed. I also tried the avi version of the khufu silent file in the presentation and it crashed again.
I did download Flash 10 and made sure I chose Flash 10 in the publish menu - still crashed.

Perhaps Powerpoint leaves traces of the videos which are not cleaned up upon re-saving PPT files or some other weird Microsoft behavoiur.

I did try another PPT file which never had and does not currently have any video files and it worked just fine.

The Egypt presentation would originally date from Windows 98 and Office of that period. I have re-edited them in Office 200 as a "2003 compatible" format. That version crashed too so I re-saved them all as the PPT 2007 .pptx format, but they crashed too.

Perhaps the videos Khufu silent etc were orininally converted from asf files or something I do not remember.

Did you find conversion to avi solve the problem?

Thank you for your help,

Garry Stone

I will attempt a completely new EGYPT built afresh and see what happens

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Garry,
Thanks for your response and for the detailed information.

It seems that the problem is that for some reason iSpring components work incorrectly within your system. Apparently this may be caused by system settings. If it is possible, please provide us with the remote access to your computer so that our engineers could make a research and try to identify what can cause this problem.

If it is convenient for you, please send the remote access details for your machine (IP and password) to support@ispringsolutions.com. Perhaps you have any other email address so that we could exchange messages as unfortunately none of our answers are delivered to your current email. Please let me know if it is ok for you.

Thank you in advance!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Stacy,

I have solved all the problems!

I opened a new PPT presentation and just copied the slides over from the old presentation one-by-one and everything worked just fine!

I think there must be code in the old presentation which PPT does not get rid of when presentations are re-saved in later PPT versions - at least in mine which as I said date way back.

Anyway all is OK and I have fiddled extensively with the publish settings and the Flash player settings and can really say that now I understand iSpring presenter much better!

Thank you so much for your patient help!!

The reason why the e-mails did not arrive may have been due to the Spamhilator settings but also with the heavy rain here in Melbourne due to the cyclone you may have seen on television absolutely deluged Australia; the phone company admitted that their phone lines have been very, very noisy due to water in the junction boxes.

Anyway I can now say that I am convinced that the software will do what I want and will purchase it when I have the money!

Thank you again Stacy, but I do have a suggestion:

There needs to be a way to start/stop/rewind the video narration so that it does not play immediately a slide is advanced. Could such controls be inserted below the video thumnail to enhance the flexibility?

Thank you again for your help,
iSpring presenter is a fine product,

Garry R Stone
B.App.Sc., Dip.Ed., M.A.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Continual rashes

Dear Garry,

Thank you for letting me know. I am very glad to hear the problem is settled!

As for the navigation buttons for the Presenter Video, iSpring software doesn't provide this option. The issue is that according to iSpring technology, the video narration is synchronized with the presentation and they have common timeline. That is why it is not possible to view such video separately.

Profile profile test

Page: 1, 2