Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:38 pm   Post subject: Possible bugs ?

I have Presenter 5.6.0 Build 2954
The "Resume presentation playback from the last slide viewed" doesn't work for me in my LMS (exported as either 1.2 or 2004). I have it checked.

The funny thing is before i actualy bought the software i used the trial and from i can remeber it worked..

Also,the last "finish" button on the quiz doesnt do anything upon press,isn't the course suppose to end/close down? I assume you do a js communication from flash and close the popup but nothin happends ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bugs ?

Hi, thanks for your post.

Yes, "Resume presentation playback from the last slide viewed" option should work if the FlashMovie is uploaded to an LMS. It can stop working if a the cache memory was cleared up of if you launch the course on another computer.

Could you please specify what LMS you use and describe the way you open the course for the second time?

As for the "Finish" button, this issue is caused by the security limitations of the FlashPlayer that doesn't allow FlashMovies to close browser window.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bugs ?

Well,as for the LMS itself it is commercial one programmed by xtractor.se. It works with 1.2 and all versions of 2004.

How i am re-open the course,well it just launch yet another brower popup with the course embedded the imansifest file points to the isrping html.

But if not possible to do directly close it from flash,wouldn't it be possible to do it with javascript initated from flash ?

What exactly is the finish button suppose to do,when you under settings can choose "close window" ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bugs ?

Hi, thanks for your response.

If it is possible, please send us iSpring generated zipped Flash-package that you upload to your LMS account for research at support@ispringsolutions.com. Them we will test it here and offer the best possible solution for you.

As for the "Finish" button, it depends on what action is set to take place upon click. For example, if the slide with a quiz is not the last slide in the presentation, after a click on "Finish" button a viewer will me forwarded to the next slide. Also it is possible to make a quiz send results to an email or go to a specified webpage (all this can be done in QuizMaker "Settings" window).

Also you can choose the option "Close window" but the issue is that this option will be workable if a FlashMovie is opened in Standalone FlashPlayer on local disk only. It cannot close browser window due to FlashPlayer restrictions and in a browser this button is not functioning.

Though it is possible to close the window with a FlashMovie using JavaScript, like it is implemented to iSpring Online LMS. Here we have created a particular Quiz Loader module which uses onExitQuiz() method to address to the JavaScript event handler for "exit" via ExternalInterface. Then the event handler closes the window.

I hope my answer was helpful.

Profile profile test