Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 pm   Post subject: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

Could you please, please (I have asked for this feature several times) build in a feature to be able to copy or clone questions from within QuizMaker - I use iSpring Presenter.

It would save hours of work, especially with Multiple Choice Questions questions where the questions differ but the multiple choice remain the same, the answer only differing. Instead of being able to copy a question and simply change the question and answer I have to laboriously copy and paste every multiple choice for every single question - it is driving me bonkers and other users I am sure would welcome this cloning feature which is present on other quiz making programs.

I really hope you can do this. The option to delete a question is there but not to clone it.

Thank you ever so much.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:40 am   Post subject: Re: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

The quiz software has many shortcomings including the following:

Inability to repeat the quiz if failed
    Inability to go to an assigned slide depending on whether or not the student failed or passed (it can go to a specific web site so a specific slide should be a no brainer)
    General feedback instead of specific feedback for each question
    Inability to print quizzes
    Inability to clone questions (your problem)
    Many other shortcomings

Here is an imperfect workaround for your problem. Prepare the first group of questions as you want. Save the quiz twice, say quiz1.quiz and quiz2.quiz. Modify and delete questions in the second group as you like. You will then have two unique quizzes with similar questions without cutting and pasting.

The shortcoming is obvious. If you want to add questions, you are back to cutting and pasting. Since you cannot print and visually inspect your quizzes, I would recommend you prepare your quizzes using Word or some text processor.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

Hi, thanks for your post.

This feature will be implemented into the next minor version of iSpring QuizMaker 5.7 which will be released in a couple of weeks. With the new version it will be possible to import questions from any existing quiz: imported question will be added to the end of the list of questions.

Such features as individual feed back for each question and print option are also in the development plans for the 6th generation of iSpring software.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions which help us to improve our products!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

Installed beta version of version 5.7. Nice being able to import quizzes but even better if we could copy questions within quizzes.
If you can import data surely you can copy it? Simple right click with clone question or copy question would be great.
What is stopping you from doing that?
Would be great to have more control over how large the question area is. It is always the same size regardless of how long or short your question is.

Cheers,

canonave

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

Thank you for your suggestion. I have contacted our development department. The option "Duplicate question" which will allow to copy questions within a quiz is also in the plans for iSpring QuizMaker 6.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

I think iSpring Presenter is great, but I would also like to make a suggestion for users to be able to increase the text space in Quizmaker. Some questions we write contain longer examples and the question window is quite small when we put in additional text.

canonave wrote:
Installed beta version of version 5.7. Nice being able to import quizzes but even better if we could copy questions within quizzes.
If you can import data surely you can copy it? Simple right click with clone question or copy question would be great.
What is stopping you from doing that?
Would be great to have more control over how large the question area is. It is always the same size regardless of how long or short your question is.

Cheers,

canonave

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Copying questions from within QuizMaker

Thanks for your post.

I have passed your words to the developers. We will definitely concider this suggestion while making plans for the future versions of our software. Though I cannot confirm that question window size will be changed already in the upcoming version.

Profile profile test