Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:40 pm   Post subject: Give us a clue

Today I was advised that there was a new version of Ispring Presenter, namely version 5.7. Dutifully, I downloaded and installed it. I can now preview my quiz questions but what is there beyond that.

I was hoping for individual question feedback but no way. I wanted controlled navigation but it is not there.

What is there is 5.7 that may be useful?

P. S. -- I understand that you can import quizzes but I create quizzes using external quiz software so that is a non-starter.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Give us a clue

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Along with the improvement concerning quizzes and SCORM-packages, the 5.7 minor version has: improved conversion of WMV files, smother conversion of Zoom, Fade, Wheel Clockwise, Push and Cover transition effects, improved Lite player outlook, ets. and numerous bug fixes.

Individual feedback and many other new features are planned for the next major version (6.0) of iSpring software which will be released later this year.

Furthermore, could you please specify what you mean under "controlled navigation" so that I could tell whether such option is in our development plan or not.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 am   Post subject: Re: Give us a clue

Controlled navigation means a student may not jump forward in the presentation without viewing all the slides in the order I prescribe. I can alter the presentation order with links but the student can't jump around. Without controlled navigation, Ispring will not be approved for appraiser distance education.

Here is a quote from my regulator:

Quote:
Therefore, Internet and CBT courses should control navigation through course content to ensure the student masters the material on a unit-by-unit basis. For example, if a student begins unit one of a course, he should not be able to navigate to unit two until he has successfully demonstrated mastery of unit one by some means of assessment like a quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 am   Post subject: Re: Give us a clue

Actually, it is possible to create a Flash course with controlled navigation combining both PowerPoint and iSpring Presenter features. For example, here is one way how some our customers do that:

1) Create action button on each slide with the hyperlink to a slide where a student should go next after viewing the previous one;

2) Switch to iSpring presenter Publish menu --> General tab --> choose "None" player template with no navigation buttons;

3) Publish --> Playback and Navigation tab --> Playback Options area --> the following options should be disabled:

"Change all slides automatically"
"Minimal slide duration"
"Auto-play on-click animations
"

4) Publish --> Playback and Navigation tab --> Mouse and keyboard Navigation area --> both options should be disabled so that a student won’t be able to skip slides via a mouse click of pressing "Forward" keyboard button.

Following these four steps allows to convert the PPT presentation to Flash course where a student can go from slide to slide in the required order only using hyperlinks.

The other possible way is to create Custom Shows in PowerPoint with mouse and keyboard navigation disabled. You can learn how to create Custom Shows on the official Microsoft Office website following this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/create-and-present-a-custom-show-HA010096698.aspx

I hope my answer was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Give us a clue

I am aware of how to do what you have instructed. The problem is that your solution not only prohibits jumping forward, it also prohibits jumping backward so the student cannot review material.

I am hoping that version 6.0 contains a method that disallows a student to skip slides AND allows the navigation buttons and the navigation pane.

Without navigation control, I can't get my course certified for continuing education.

I enjoy your product and use it extensively as an advertising tool but without navigation control, I am going to have to turn to Articulate which I really don't want to do. Articulate's Flash conversion is not as precise as yours, it allows only 4:3 aspect ratio, and the interface is not nearly as attractive.

The horrible difference is that Articulate is acceptable as a course delivery method and Ispring is not. Navigation control and individual question feedback are the reasons. It appears that you will fix individual question feedback in version 6.0. I hope you fix navigation control.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Give us a clue

Thank you for the feature description. We understand that indeed such navigation model would be quite essential for creating e-learning courses. This feature is added to our development plan for the 6th generation of iSpring software. It will be added to one of the 6.* versions.

Thank you for your valuable comments and ideas to make iSpring products more functional and applicable.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Give us a clue

the 6tgh version of iSpring software is finally released. It is now available for download and purchase at our website.

I hope you'll enjoy new features and possibilities of iSpring products!

Profile profile test