Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 am   Post subject: Poor video conversion of text

Hi
New iPresenter user, I am trying to convert some powerpoint presentations which have attached video, the problem I am having is that the video conversion is very poor particularly in areas with text.

A video paints a thousand words and all that so I have uploaded them to illustrate the problem. There are 3 files attached, the first is the wmv video which I am happy with, the next 2 are slides with the video imbedded, one with the video encoded at 500kb/s and the other at 4000kb/s (this last one is a 50meg file so you will need patience and a fast connection :) )

http://www.tuckshots.co.uk/Temp/

As you can see the text is very poor, even at the maximum bitrate for the video, is there anything I can do to get my presentation working with legible text.

Many thanks for your time.
Craig

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 am   Post subject: Re: Poor video conversion of text

I have also added screenshots of the videos which will obviously load a lot quicker.
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Poor video conversion of text

Please download and install K-lite codec pack (or mega codec pack) from the Internet. Then try to convert video again (keep compression rate somewhere in the middle of the scale under the Publish settings). If the video quality appears to be not better, please re-compress your video into another file format, e.g. avi using DivX codec or any other.
Attach again and convert, text should look better.

Video is being resized when added into PowerPoint and converted. It has greater resolution than output Flash Movie (720x480). If you attach the video to PowerPoint that wouldn't need to be rescaled, it will look better after conversion.

Profile profile test