Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:36 pm   Post subject: Refund request

I have been in contact with support since I purchased iSpring Suite back in January. Nothing I have tried with this product has worked and after PATIENTLY going back and forth with Mikhail for weeks, trying out the old version, and then finally giving up - I asked for a refund. Suddenly he's not interested in getting back to me. Support case number 757.

What's the deal with this company? Is this a scam or what? Your product doesn't work as advertised at all.

(And by the look of these posts on this forum I am not the only one with issues.)

I would like a refund. Even if you could make your product work, I am no longer interested.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 am   Post subject: Re: Lots of bugs - support now ignoring my request for refund

Even the Giant--Microsoft's products have also some bugs. We'd better give our tolerance and patience. By the way, I love Ispring !

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Lots of bugs - support now ignoring my request for refund

I am sorry for not letting you know that we make refunds during business days only. We have done it on Monday. As far as I understand from your messages you used the product with third-party product and they didn't work together correctly. We do not guarantee that our product will work with any other product. At the same time iSpring worked absolutely as advertised – it created the Flash courses successfully.

Inserting Flash object to other Flash files cannot work in some cases because of their complex structure. We have the option to detach Flash Movies from the Flash presentation but I am not sure about the others.

Would you be so kind to update this post or remove it?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Lots of bugs - support now ignoring my request for refund

This has been a major upgrade and one could sense some teething trouble in the months leading up to the release of v6, with all the pressure to release, add functionality, etc. But it's clear that iSpring are working hard to sort out the various problems as they come to light.

Other (coimpetitor) developers are also under great pressure to upgrade and, for example, release html5-enabled convertors. The ground has shifted and expectations for an e-learning authoring suite have grown over the years, without major improvements in the major vendors' offerings (by their own admission). Articulate (for example) are known to be both upgrading their own Presenter suite and creating an all-new standalone authoring tool. Their promises about these products have been going on for a couple of years now and have become more muted. This isn't meant as a criticism of a third party, but merely to point out that iSpring, for all its problems, are sensibly getting on with sorting them out and staying ahead of the curve in some areas, as they always have been. One may criticse iSpring for releasing prematurely, but there is no obligation on anyone to rush to upgrade and iSpring's v5 remains a superior product to those currently available from competitors.

The second poster is right that we need to exercise some patience, frustrating though this might be at times. The timescale intimated by the original poster doesn't to me seem to demonstrate great patience (even though the lack of communication must have been frustrating).

A lot of iSpring users and supporters are confident of improvement and refinement and hoping the iSpring doesn't compromise their great strengths (such as robust, quick and failproof conversion) in the haste to incorporate more fluffy stuff (such as "interactions").

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Lots of bugs - support now ignoring my request for refund

To jahuss:

Hello, my name is Stacy. I am Mikhail's supervisor. I am very sorry that you've had negative experience using iSpring and communicating with our technical support team. We very much appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. It helps us to find out what we are missing in our work.

I studied the case that you have submitted in our support desk. It seems that the problem is caused by the fact that Rapid Intake Proform platform currently doesn't support Flash movies on ActionScript 3. Previous versions of iSpring software supported only ActionScript 2 that is why you could use converted Flash files in that system. 6th version of iSpring products allows to use either AS2 or AS3. Probably for your Flash presentations ActionScript 3 was selected so they couldn't be used in Rapid Intake Proform. Therefore I should say that this issue was not actually caused by a bug of iSpring conversion mechanism.

To clarify the refund processing in our company, our sales managers process refund requests during business days only. We have received your request Friday evening, so the refund was issued on Monday.

One more time thank you for your feedback. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us at iSpring anytime.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 am   Post subject: Re: Lots of bugs - support now ignoring my request for refund

I have always found the iSpring staff to be responsive and very helpful anytime I've contacted them with questions or problems.
There are always issues with any software, but on balance, I have found iSpring to be far and away the best product of its kind and their customer service and support are definately are a notch above.
Looking forward to the HTML5 converter,
Charles Radanovich

Profile profile test