Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:44 am   Post subject: Possible bug found in Quizmaker 6

Quizmaker allows you to send a user to a different URL if they pass or fail by controlling what happens when they hit the "Finish" button.
This works if you publish using AS2 but the Finish button does not appear on the results screen at all if you publish in AS3.

Is it me being thick, or is this is a bug?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bug found in Quizmaker 6

Thank you for your question.

In iSpring Suite 6, "Finish" button doesn't show up is a quiz is published as a separate Flash file directly from iSpring QuizMaker. "Finish" button is visible is the quiz is integrated into a PowerPoint presentation so that a viewer could be able to click "Finish" and advance to the next slide.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bug found in Quizmaker 6

Hi, thanks for your reply.
That does not make sense at all. Why have the option to send a user to a different URL depending on their result and then stop the button showing up?
Whatever you do, do not change the fact that it shows when the quiz is published in AS2, but you need to add that function to the AS3 output otherwise you are losing an enormous amount of flexibility.
The Showcase that I made for you guys (Sofia from sales is aware of this) uses this re-direction function.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bug found in Quizmaker 6

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your words to our development department for discussion. Perhaps we will reconsider this functionality in iSpring QuizMaker 6.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Possible bug found in Quizmaker 6

Thanks for your reply Stacy but I still don't really get it:

This works if you publish using AS2 but the Finish button does not appear on the results screen at all if you publish in AS3.

That means the functionality IS there already. This must be a bug because all of the options to redirect a student based on score are present in the version 6 interface. AS2 output allows the quiz creator to re-direct a student based on their result and AS3 output does not.

Why on earth have all the options in the settings menu to do this if it has no effect when outputting in AS3?

Why would you want to use the function to redirect someone to the next slide in the PowerPoint as you say in your email:". "Finish" button is visible is the quiz is integrated into a PowerPoint presentation so that a viewer could be able to click "Finish" and advance to the next slide. "? This happens anyway in the slide show. You can advance to the next slide by using the controls produced.

I really think your tech guys need to ensure that the Finish button appears in the AS3 output otherwise everyone who has just bought Quizmaker 6 on its own are missing out on one of the most powerful features of Quizmaker - that of redirecting a student based on their score.

If it works in AS2, it really does indicate to me that it should also work in AS3 and this needs to be rectified as quickly as possible.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:14 am   Post subject: Re: Possible bug found in Quizmaker 6

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We have checked the "go to URL" functionality and managed to reproduce the problem you describe. The "finish' button will be added to AS3 players too in the next minor version of the software (6.1).

In about two weeks the first beta-version will be ready. Please write us at support@ispringhsoliutions.com and indicate this forum topic so that we could remember you. I will send you the new fixed build of iSpring QuizMaker as soon as it is ready.

Profile profile test