Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:26 pm   Post subject: Disappointment with iSpring

When I first used iSpring, I was dazzled by the product's capability to create a working Flash file from Power Point with no problem. After being totally frustrated with Articulate, Presenter was way cool and VERY fairly priced.

The upgrade from 5.6 to 5.7 was painless.

As a professional instructional designer, I made repeated attempts to influence the direction of the product, as did John Byrant who is working on a large scale project.

To me, Presenter 6.0 has pretty much been a dud, causing me to do a lot of workarounds, reminding me of my experiences with Articulate. I know John is also disappointed in 6.0 as an eLearning tool. Now, I have to test new beta version to see if it even measures up to 5.7.

As a company, iSpring is now managing to disappoint rather than impress. I don't know where you get your product development ideas but you might want to involve your customers.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:17 am   Post subject: Re: Disappointment with iSpring

Dear Joe,

It's very sad to know that the 6th version brought this bad experience to you. Our developers constantly work on improving iSpring software but I have to say that it is impossible to identify a bug without close research of each particular issue.

Early this week we have uploaded the official 6.0.1 version to our website. Please convert any of your presentations using this new build. Do any of the issues still occur? If yes, please describe the error you have in more details so that our testing team could reproduce it step-by-step.

Such approach will allow us to identify and fix new issues in a short period of time. Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Disappointment with iSpring

Stacy,

I tried the new build and experienced the same problem. Support is non responsive, haven't heard from Mikhail in a week! I sent him another 6.0 problem a few days ago, also with no response.

I don't know if your company has just hit a bad patch or if you are going out of business and just not telling anyone.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Disappointment with iSpring

Joe,

Could you please submit that the audio cut-off issue still occurs on your computer? I am asking because we have tested the new 6.0.1 build in our environment and the issue was not reproduced. The only condition for the bugfix to come into force is that the players folder should be removed manually before installing the updated product. Otherwise this folder is sometimes not replaced automatically during re installation and the bug persisted even with the new build.

I would offer you to reinstall version 6.0.1 one more time removing the players folder first:

\Users\your user folder\AppData\Roaming\iSpring Solutions\iSpring Pro/Suite 6\Players.as3\streamline

Please let me know if the issue still occurs this way. I will be glad to help you asap.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Disappointment with iSpring

Dear Joe,

I’m glad to let you know that iSpring 6.0.2 release candidate is available:
http://community.ispringsolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2565

All known issues are fixed. Hope the updated version will bring you more positive experience.

We are looking forward to your feedback. Thank you!

Profile profile test