Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:03 pm   Post subject: Switching back on slides issue 6.0

Hello, I've updated to the new 6.0 version last month and got to create my first class a week ago, a 30 minute video with synced slides. Since then, after uploading the presentation, I'm having problems going back and forth on the slides.

For example, I start the presentation, it gets to slide #5 and then I try to go back to the 2nd slide, it does it fine, but then, when I try to return to the 5th the player stops and it doesn't let me switch to any slide (waited for hours to check). The video block turns black, the slides continue to change but the video remains black and the time does keep going.

Sometimes, I notice it does respond but it has a very long delay, making the impression it wasn't gonna do it at all.

I understand the shift between the single_clip/slide matching to whole_movie_slides system changes the way the player handles things, but I was hoping the transition would get even better than before.

For example, as a teacher I encourage my students to go back an forth with my classes not to let any concept slip before moving on with the rest of the class. Now they started to complain because it takes forever to do this and it quite frustrating rather than motivating.

I'm using a dedicated server and compared the performance between 5v and 6v online; my 5v starts the clip right away and the switching works alright (with just 1 second delay for the loading).

I'm using Windows 7 and Office 2003, and already updated to 6.02 build 3262. I kept my copy of iSpring 5 installed.

The class itself when played offline works OK, so I believe it is related to the player not coping with the understandable delay the video takes to load and crashing.

Anyway, is there any way to prevent this? I'd really need to be able to go back an forth in the class in a more seamless manner,

Best,

Ezequiel

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Switching back on slides issue 6.0

Ezequiel,

Thank you for describing the problem. Would it possible for you to provide the files for research? Please send the original PPT presentation, video file and converted Flash presentation to support@ispringsolutions.com. I will be happy to help you with this case.

Profile profile test