Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm   Post subject: SWF file is degraded when rendered through iSpring

Hello! I have numerous Camtasia flash files I need to insert into a training course. I'm rendering them at 720x540 because that seems to be iSpring's default size. The SWFs play beautifully on my computer with the same quality as the original. When I embed them into iSpring, there's a noticeable drop in quality.

Settings:
On the Advanced tab, I have Detach Media Content = Flash movies checked, Flash Player Menu options enabled, I have cleared "Smooth raster images" because it supposedly downgrades Flash 9 videos (which mine are), I have enabled video slide controls. I'm setting the movie properties at 720x540 (100%) to match the rendered video.

Why is iSpring downgrading my video quality?

As a bonus question, how can I control playback within the SWF itself? Camtasia will only let me do flash player controls if I render the project with an HTML envelope that calls in the player.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Marie

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 am   Post subject: Re: SWF file is degraded when rendered through iSpring

Hi Marie,

Thank you for posting here. If it is possible, please send us the original Flash movie and resulting output Flash presentation showing the quality decrease to support@ispringsolutions.com for research. Also, please indicate what iSpring software version you use.

As for the playback control, if Camtasia-generated Flash movies support controlling through ActionScript, you can use iSpring ActionScript API for this purpose:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/platform.6/as3_api/index.html

Though, if the Flash movie can be controlled through Java-script only, it seems that it won;t be possible to control it within iSpring players.

Profile profile test