Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 pm   Post subject: Odd issue when playing locally vs. web server

Having a very odd issue. So I converted a PowerPoint to Flash using iSpring Pro. When I play the presentation from my hard drive, it works great...when I put it on my webserver, however, things get problematic.

Specifically, animation sequences that work fine when I access the file locally no longer work properly when I access the same files from my webserver. The animation that when I play locally shows a text object, then plays audio, then shows another text object...when I play from the webserver just shows all of the text objects simultaneous with the audio when playing.

I assumed maybe I had an outdated file, etc., so I deleted the directory on the webserver and re-uploaded the presentation directory to ensure the two are identical, but I still see this oddity -- playing locally the animation sequences plays perfectly, but from the webserver it ignores the sequences and just brings in all elements at once.

Any ideas?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Odd issue when playing locally vs. web server

This issue seems pretty strange to me because I've never faced such a thing before. Could you please provide us with the definite details about your iSpring version, PowerPoint, conversion options (General, Advanced). It would be more convenient to bring the further process over this forum and continue it by email.

To speed up the research process you can show us the link to your presentation placed in the Internet and send a PowerPoint presentation along with its Flash analog to our support [at] ispringsolutions.com email. You can truncate your presentation to the several slides that reproduce the problem. If your files exceed the email limit (25 mb), please use Dropbox or YouSendIt.

Profile profile test