Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 pm   Post subject: QuizMaker 6 Send Quiz Result to Server Issue

I bought and am using QuizMaker version 6.0.2 Build 3262.

Under Settings Main tab, i have "unchecked" Ask for user name and e-mail and am invoking the .swf file as--

quiz.swf?username=TestUser&email=TestUser@test.com

In Settings Result i have "checked" Send quiz result to server with a corresponding webserver and get_result.php (http://www.ispringsolutions.com/media/s ... result.txt).

In the get_result.php output:
--------------------------
User name:
User email:
Quiz title: Quiz 1
Points awarded: 2
Total score: 2
Passing score: 1.5
User passes
--------------------------

If I "check" Ask for username and email, $_POST['sn'] and $_POST['se'] takes the .swf parameter values correctly. But I don't want it to prompt at the start of the quiz.

I basically wanted to combine don't "Ask for username and email" with "Send quiz result to server" as described in:
"http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs/quizmaker/5.7/quiz_common/quiz_settings_result.html"

Am i the only one having this issue? I've already opened a support ticket for this but doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6 Send Quiz Result to Server Issue

Let us know if you use IE or any other browser that uses Adobe Flash Player as an ActiveX component. If yes please add the following value via FlashVars to the param tag:

<param name='flashVars' value='username=TestUser&email=TestUser@test.com'/>

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6 Send Quiz Result to Server Issue

I was in fact using IE. That "flashVars" param worked with IE!

I also found that the .swf?username=NAME&email=EMAILADDR works with Firefox.

I'm happy now. Now to close the that ticket...

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6 Send Quiz Result to Server Issue

Okay, I am glad to hear that my recommendations have helped you.

Profile profile test