Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:51 pm   Post subject: 64 bit - any clear advantages?

I have a 64-bit computer but am running 32-bit PPT 2010. I had to do that with Articulate which I've owned for a few years, and for Snap which I used for only a few days.

I just started using iSpring yesterday and am thrilled so far. But since there is a 64 bit version I'm wondering if I should change PPT back to 64 bit.

Can anyone advise me based on your own experiences?

Thanks ... Bernie

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm   Post subject: Re: 64 bit - any clear advantages?

Thank you for posting here. Let me answer to your questions. You can use PowerPoint 64-bit with iSpring 64-bit edition, it was created especially for these cases.

I will share my own opinion that there is not a much difference between 32 and 64-bit office applications in terms of speed. There could be some obstacles if you use 64-bit office, however. You would need to install 64-bit ActiveX component for Adobe Flash which is in beta version right now. You can find the information on it on their forum with the links to download:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4306310

Adobe Flash player is needed for iSpring functioning inside PowerPoint (prior to publish and playing back a presentation) for such things as Player customization, YouTube insert option.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 pm   Post subject: Re: 64 bit - any clear advantages?

Thanks Mikhail,

I was guessing there is no major difference or benefit.

It's working beyond my expectations as is. Your input helps affirm my sense that I should just leave it that way.

Bernie

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:26 pm   Post subject: Re: 64 bit - any clear advantages?

Thank you for your feedback! I just wanted to add that I use MS Office 32 bit myself and pretty happy with it.

You are always welcome to ask questions here or by email.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm   Post subject: Re: 64 bit - any clear advantages?

the 46 bit processor is awesome the programs run very fast and have great performance but you need to have a good operating system to use all the computer resource :)belvini.de

Profile profile test