Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 pm   Post subject: Can't publish quiz

I purchased Quizmaker 6.1 today, but it won't let me publish quizzes for some reason. When I hit publish I get the error message "Error opening the quiz for publishing."

I'm trying to save for web.

And probably related to that - saving quizzes just seems to create empty folders, with no quiz.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, and re-downloading the file, but no joy.

I've also sent a request through to support for help.

Any idea what is happening?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't publish quiz

I've had the same problem! Have contacted support but no help so far.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't publish quiz

Glad I'm not alone...I guess. :)

One other detail:

I've managed to save quizzes a couple of times, but no matter how I try and open them I get the message "Unable to open the specified quiz file. The file is either corrupt or has an unsupported format."

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't publish quiz

Thank you for posting here about this problem. We have estimated it and apologize to all of you guys for the temporary inconveniences. We are fixing it with the critical priority right now and will update iSpring 6.1 version ASAP.

Meanwhile you can still use the previous version of QuizMaker 6.0.2. to open the quizzes you've created earlier. To use the old version you would need to delete the current version of Quiz and install the previous one:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/download/ispring_quizmaker_6_0_2.msi

I am pretty sure that this will be updated in 6.1 version in a couple of days though. Please take a look at the updates and don't miss the updated version!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:43 am   Post subject: Re: Can't publish quiz

Ok thanks Mikhail.

I've downloaded the older version and it seems to be working fine.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't publish quiz

In 6.1 there is another problem with quizmaker, that if you send result to server, its not working.

To test i gave http://indiatimes.com to "Send result to server" for both
pass and fail.

I verified using the HTTP headers addon on Firefox. Here are the result:

On 6.0 : Headers are being sent nicely to http://indiatimes.com

On 6.1 : NO HEADERS are being sent.

I created a trouble ticket, but I dont think support team is able to provide the right support :(

Mikhail, I hope with the other fixes the above issue would be attended to.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't publish quiz

Hello Neha,

Thank you for posting at our forum. We haven't managed to estimate this issue at our computers yet so please let us continue solving this case with you by email.

I have sent you a message recently.

Profile profile test