Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:05 pm   Post subject: Can't open attached file

I have made an iSpring (iSpring Pro 6.1 build 3358) presentation where students should be able to open an attached pdf file with more information. I have used the 'Add file attachment' button and the Crystal player.
Unfortunately, when I publish the presentation, the pdf can't be opened.
It doesn't matter whether I tick 'Open in new window' or not, the file will not open - there is no visible link, although the file is mentioned under Notes and a folder with attachments has been created when exporting.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't open attached file

The issue is that when make attachments using iSpring "Links" tool, the software won't create hyperlinks on slides i.e. it doesn't duplicate PowerPoint in this case. File (and web) references are made for the Flash movie and can only be accessed from the "Attachments" tap in player.

Please check the checkbox "References" in the Crystal player customization window: you'll find attached files clicking the button marked with "clip" symbol. See the screenshot below.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Can't open attached file

That is the problem: I can see the attached file as a hyperlink when I click the clip button but I can't click to open it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:49 am   Post subject: Re: Can't open attached file

Could you please let me know if you open the Flash file on the same local computer where you convert it? Or do you upload it to a server/web page/LMS?

Did you replace the original PPT presentation to a different folder before conversion? The issue is that when you add voice-over, presenter video, quizzes, file attachments with iSpring tools, the software creates a source folder where all these resources are stored. This source folder is created in the same folder with the original presentation and has the same name. So if the source folder is removed or the presentation is replaced, the converted file won't have this content.

Also please make sure that iSpring-generated folder with the Flash presentation contains the sub-folder with these attachments. If not, I would recommend you remove these file references from the original presentation, recreate them in the "Links" menu and convert the presentation one more time.

If the files still cannot be opened, please zip the folder with the Flash output and send it to support@ispringsolutions.com for research. Thank you in advance!

By the way, what product version do you have?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 am   Post subject: Re: Can't open attached file

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, it wasn't helpful, so I've sent the zip to support as you suggested.

Profile profile test