Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:45 pm   Post subject: Type In Graded Question - Grading the Answer (Quizmaker)

Hello Forum,

My type in graded question (short answer) exercise is going up nicely. They are basic questions for my language students to answer. But they must get the exact sentence in order to move on to the next question.

How can I customize the exercise so that students can get two chances to get the "perfect" answer? And after the second attempt, the right answer appears and the student can still move onto the next question?

Thank you so much for your help. I love this program. And I can't wait for Quizmaker 7 to come out so we can get the ipads on board as well.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Type In Graded Question - Grading the Answer (Quizmaker)

To customize the answer in a described way please do the following:
To add 2 attempts to the answer, please select "Options" in the bottom section of QuizMaker's screen, unmark "Use default options" checkbox and select "2" in the drop-down list of "Attempts". You can find out more about the "Options" tab here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/quizmaker.6/desktop/add_question.html

Right next to the "Options" tab you will find the "Feedback & Branching" tab. On this tab you can modify the feedback for correct and incorrect answers (that will appear after the second attempt). You can use feedback to let the student know the right answer.
This manual might be helpful:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/quizmaker.6/desktop/question_feedback.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Type In Graded Question - Grading the Answer (Quizmaker)

Ah, my problem was that I wasn't doing for every question. Thanks for your excellent feedback.

One more question: How do I allow my students to have two attempts at a question and only get the correct answer after the second attempt.

For my short answer (type in) quiz, I have set the options to 2 attempts so that they can try a question twice. And I want to give them feedback if they don’t get the right answer only after the second attempt. For instance, I want to say this: "Nice try. Here is the correct answer: Yes, Martine is twenty-four years old." However, now this feedback appears after the first attempt and that defeats the purpose of the second attempt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Type In Graded Question - Grading the Answer (Quizmaker)

Thank you for a detailed description. Customization of feedback per answer (which can be different for each attempt) is included in the list of features that are currently in development for the next iSpring QuizMaker 7 version. In the current version of iSpring QuizMaker 6 you can customize feedback per question (which is the same for each attempt) only.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Type In Graded Question - Grading the Answer (Quizmaker)

That's a bummer.

When is the Version 7 of QuizMaker going to come out? I also know that Version 7 will work on the ipad which is really important for me. I am signed up as a beta tester ... but I have to make my decision as to what software I am going to use very soon for the upcoming school year. So the beta testing might even be too late.

Any idea of possible start dates for the beta testing? Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Type In Graded Question - Grading the Answer (Quizmaker)

At this point, it is very hard to tell the approximate dates of beta testing and release of iSpring QuizMaker 7.0. However, it is planned to be released at the end of this year.

Thank you for understanding.

Profile profile test