Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 am   Post subject: Videos pausing when clicked, but main timeline continues

I have a video embedded in a presentation, its SCORMed as detached media. We've disabled the player controls to prevent users from skipping content. The video pauses when you click the main video content, but the iSpring player continues.

We're using the AS3 streamline player. The setup of the original PPT is a 2 slide presentaion, one the video is embedded within the first slide, and there is an automatic advance to next slide after the elapsed time of the video, the second slide is merely an "End of presentation" slide.

How can we stop people clicking on the video and unsyncing the timeline?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Videos pausing when clicked, but main timeline continues

I have made a little trick with it to make it work. I just added a transparent shape over the video and it is now working as you would like.

Please check out the presentation I made for you to understand it more:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70769820/Other/VideoDisableControls.pptx

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 am   Post subject: Re: Videos pausing when clicked, but main timeline continues

That's an excellent workaround. Thanks very much, we appreciate your help.

Regards

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Videos pausing when clicked, but main timeline continues

It's nice to hear that it helped you. Thank you for the feedback!

Profile profile test