Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 am   Post subject: Add SWF does'nt play automatically

I want to add SWF-files of question types currently not available in the quizmaker.

Unfortunately, the SWF appears as an icon in the top left corner of a blank slide. I want it to play automatically and in the center of the slide. Also, my target group are from all corners of the world including many who never used a computer before. They won't recognise the icon and therefore not click on it. Even experienced users will not think of clicking on that icon.

Is it possible to make SWF play automatically or at least change the icon to one that my users recognise?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Add SWF does'nt play automatically

Hi Kent,

Please describe how you insert quizzes to slides. I'm afraid I do not fully understand the process. Do you publish the quzzes first and then somehow insert the resulting SWF files to your presentation? Please clairify.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 am   Post subject: Re: Add SWF does'nt play automatically

Well, Stacy, here's how I do it:

1) I choose a blank slide
    2) I insert flash in the Video tab
    3) I press the green play button and the flash file plays
    4) I preview question and the flash file appears as an icon to be clicked to play
    4) I publish and the flash file appears as an icon to be clicked to play

As it publishes, the flash file appears like a image would - in the top right corner as thumbnail/icon.

This is how the icon shows up every time. I just want the file to start automatically... how do I do that?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 am   Post subject: Re: Add SWF does'nt play automatically

Kent,

I've check the info about the upcoming ne major version of iSpring QuizMaker. In iSpring QuizMaker 7 it will be possible to change a question layout, make a media object open in a center of a window and start playing automatically.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 am   Post subject: Re: Add SWF does'nt play automatically

Excellent, then I'm looking forward to that.

Thank you :-)

Profile profile test