Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 am   Post subject: Can you share the js code for "Resume presentation from las.

Hi,

I have V5 paid version and the resume presentation from last view slide simply isnt working. I have tried to look into lms.js to see where you call the cmi.core APi but to my suprise there is no location API at all, where do you store it ? supsend_data ? In any case it doesnt work! It will never call and launch a popup. Not in my LMS (commercial one, Sweden). The text "dou wanrt to resume or start from slide 1" etc is lacking in index.html where is that poup text supposed to be ?

It should be noted that have modifed the navigation skin AS2 to my own (buttons), can that affect ?

Please, if it works for you can you please provide me with the details on how to get make it work (yes i have checked the checkbox when publish the pptx)

Thank you.

-EDIT i publsihed with another included skin, lite, and that one works must be something with my custom skin, do you have any recommendation on implement that popup having modifed AS2 Navigation Panel skin from the SDK ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Can you share the js code for "Resume presentation from las.

Thank you for posting here.

You can use the following example of player:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70769820/Other/code/CPlaybackResumer.as

The state of the presentation is saved in Flash sharedObject. You can find where this variable has been used in this example.

After that you would need to make the respective changes in your skin code according to this template:

Code:
/*
*/
import CPlaybackResumer;

class main.CNavigationPanelSkin extends CNullSkin
{
   private var m_playbackResumer:CPlaybackResumer;

/*
   */

function initialize(playerAPI:IPlayer):Void
   {
      /*
      */

m_playbackResumer = new CPlaybackResumer(playerAPI);
      if (m_playbackResumer.resumeAvailable())
      {
         m_keyboardController.enabled = false;

m_playbackResumer.beginResumeConfirmation();

showResumePlaybackConfirm();
      }
   }

function onResumePlaybackConfirmClosed(confirmed:Boolean):Void
   {
      m_playbackResumer.endResumeConfirmation(confirmed);

m_keyboardController.enabled = true;
   }

function showResumePlaybackConfirm():Void
   {
      var confirmed:Boolean = false;
      // TODO: show MessageBox and change 'confirmed' variable

onResumePlaybackConfirmClosed(confirmed);      
   }

/*
   */
}

The method showResumePlaybackConfirm() should call the window (specified in TODO comment). Depending on the user's choice, this variable will save the actual state: confirmed

You can get it by the following link as well:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70769820/Other/code/CNavigationPanelSkin.as

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 am   Post subject: Re: Can you share the js code for "Resume presentation from las.

Hi Mikhail!

Thank you very quick reply as usual, will look into it this week, but flash SO ? That means store the result for one user on a specfic computer. I think i need to modify that code to call cmi.core.lesson_location to make it more "scormish".

I will post back!

Again thank you!

Profile profile test