Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm   Post subject: Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

Some of my presentations have over 100 slides, it would be very useful to be able to read in the slide timing from a text document and have this set the timing for all the slides in my presentation.

Essentially I am looking for a way of automating the process of setting the timing for each slide.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

When you import an audio file to the slide using Manage Narration, it sets slide length according to the audio. If you have many separate audio files, unfortunately there is no batch import option yet, so you would need to add a file by file. However, slide length will be automatically calculated in accordance with your audio, so you wouldn't need to enter them manually.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

Normally I am syncing 100+ slides to the a 60 minute or longer presentation video, and the quickest way for me to do this is to use my video editor ( Sony Vegas Pro ) to set markers within the Sony Vegas timeline for each slide.

Once all the markers have been placed, I can then export the time values for all the markers as a text file. This text file has one time value per line, which represents the exact timing for each slide to appear.

With the Authorgen AuthorPoint software, I could then import this slide timing text file into my AuthorPoint project, and it would automatically set the proper timing for all my 100+ slides in the project. This is a huge time saver for me.

With iSpring Presenter it looks like I will have to manually edit the timing for each slide in a project, which is very cumbersome compared to importing an external text file with the slide timing already established.

If this is not possible now, I hope that this feature could be added to the next version of iSpring Presenter. Your product has excellent features, but handling slide timing for large presentations seems under-developed.

Thanks.

- Guy

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

Mikhail wrote:
If you have many separate audio files, unfortunately there is no batch import option yet, so you would need to add a file by file. However, slide length will be automatically calculated in accordance with your audio, so you wouldn't need to enter them manually.

But I normally have one very long audio file, or one very long video file, that plays continuously while 100+ slides are displayed at the correct time.

Having to cut the long audio or video file into discrete little clips seems like a big waste of time, and will make asset management more complex.

I would like to use just ONE long audio or video file that streams from the web, and have my 100+ slides sych correctly as the audio or video plays.

Can this be accommodated with a future version of iSpring Presenter?

I am looking for maximum efficiency when handling larger projects.

Thanks.

- Guy

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:22 am   Post subject: Re: Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

If you need to add one audio or video to the whole presentation and sync it to all slides, it can be done even with the current version of Suite. Read more here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/to ... rview.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Can Slide Timing Be Imported or Exported?

Thanks. The Narration Editor helps solve most of my issues.

Profile profile test