Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm   Post subject: iSpring Pro 7.0 - Video won't autoplay or seek or fullscreen

Can anyone help me with this issue? I've used iSpring Presenter in the past and never encountered these issues when rendering videos.

What's happening. In the iSpring 7.0 version our company bought, the video rendering does funny things. I ask it to 'autoplay' using Powerpoints' built-in video settings and I can't get the video to autoplay. Yet, in the previous version of iSpring (5.x) I was able to do this.

As well, when I do publish the swf video, the seekbar does not work. It won't seek when I click ahead in the video. The fullscreen button also doesn't do anything. All of these features worked flawlessly in the previous version we had and now I can't get anything to work.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7.0 - Video won't autoplay or seek or fullscreen

Hi Martin,

Thank you for using our forum. Please send the original presentation and the generated output to support@ispringsolutions.com. Please indicate what version and build number of iSpring Pro you use.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:36 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7.0 - Video won't autoplay or seek or fullscreen

I haven't received a resolution and this is what I was told by iSpring Support...

Quote:
I am afraid that in the combined mode (All in one Flash file) video always plays frame by frame because it converts to SWF, that is why the seekbar doesn't work.
In the detached mode (Publish --> Advanced --> Detach video clips) video converts to MP4, and you are able to use the rewind and other options.
Please let me know if the issue still occurs.

My response via email...

Thanks for checking up on that issue. I have one question though because I published ‘All in one Flash file’ using iSpring Presenter 5.6 and it allowed me to seek that same video. However, when I did the EXACT SAME publish using iSpring Pro 7.0 it doesn’t allow seeking. Personally, I don’t understand the reasoning for this. I prefer to publish using iSpring Pro 7.0 because it renders video much better and with a smaller size.

As well, our company is hosting these videos on an intranet portal that requires a single swf file and not MP4.

...and another email after I did some further testing to disprove iSpring Supports 'theory' of what is happening...

Just an update that I deselected ‘all in one flash file’ and published with ‘detached movie’. It published the movie separately in a data folder, but it was still a swf file, not an MP4. As well, I encountered the same problems with seeking (unable to) and with the fullscreen button (unable to fullscreen).

Is there a reason the fullscreen mode doesn’t work either?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7.0 - Video won't autoplay or seek or fullscreen

I forgot to mention that the issue is that in 5th version we used the FFmpeg system component to process all audio and video content. And in 7th version iSpring uses a paid codec (H.264) to enable video conversion. That is why you received a different output.
If you want to convert only to Flash, you can use the Streamline player. This player has the Fullscreen mode option.
I have also converted your presentation using the Streamline player to SWF file, and added the Full screen button as well, and sent this output to your email.
In the data folder you can find your video file converted to the MPEG-4 movie.

Profile profile test