Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 pm   Post subject: Quizes with multiple attempts

I am using iSpring suite and publishing to iSpring online. I have a few quizzes in my resource and I wanted people to be able to attempt a quiz, submit all the answers at once, review the quiz (look at the feedback) and then have a second/third/fourth/etc go at the same quiz.

I chose to make the 'Main navigation' > 'Number of attempts at the quiz' unlimited, and made the question default attempts either 1 or unlimited (neither made a difference). Unfortunately I could see no way from the student view of having more than a single attempt at a quiz. When I went a slide or more past and then went back to it, I could just see my previous attempt.

I would like to enable the users to have multiple attempts and ideally they would see how they did each time, but I definitely would need to be able to see how they did each time. Is this possible?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizes with multiple attempts

The term "attempt" that we use means that you will start a quiz all over again. You can review the quiz to see what questions were answered wrong but you would need to redone the whole quiz.

If a quiz is placed in iSpring Online, the report for this quiz will contain all attempts. For group reports it will leave the best or the last attempt but for a particular quiz it will show the whole history.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:11 am   Post subject: Re: Quizes with multiple attempts

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for the reply. I actually found the answer by myself, I needed to set the passing score to something greater than 0%. Once the user passes, even if they did not score full marks, they cannot attempt the quiz again (this is a little limiting).

I can't see how to let the users see feedback from a quiz if they did not pass, even if I tick the 'enable quiz review' option for a failed attempt.

Profile profile test