Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 pm   Post subject: "finish" button not closing window

I have a quiz embedded at the end of a PP file. I've selected the Presentation Explorer and edited the quiz properties for the slide to say:

If user passes, on "Finish" button: Close Window
If user fails, on "Finish" button: Close Window

However, after I publish to SCORM 1.2 and load into Moodle 2.5 it does not "Close Window" after taking the quiz when I click the "Finish" button. It does not do anything. There is no action.

In the Quizmaker settings under Results I do not have any actions set.

All I want is for the course to close as the results are already inserted into my Moodle gradebook.

I'm using Ispring Suite 6.2.0.3494

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Colin

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am   Post subject: Re: "finish" button not closing window

Hi Colin, Thank you for the question.

The close_window option doesn't work in all browsers because of the browser security restrictions (Flash applications are not allowed to close a browser window). For example, on my computer a Flash presentation can close a course window in Google Chrome, FireFox and IE 10; and cannot close a window in Opera.

Also I should add that sometimes Google Chrome too may block the close_window option in some Flash files if it considers them potentially harmful.

By the way, some website also may block this option. The issue is that the close_window command is operated by JavaScript and some website scripts may lock it. I'm afraid there is no way to do anything with it from inside a Flash file itself. Sorry about that!

Profile profile test