Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:06 am   Post subject: Review quiz option for a failed attempt at quiz

I have used iSpring suite to make a resource with a quiz in it. Ideally I would like the users to score a minimum of 40% before progressing. I set the pass score to 40% and ticked the 'review quiz' box for both the pass and fail results settings as well as setting unlimited attempts. When the user takes the quiz and fails, the 'Review Quiz" button does not appear. I would like the users to see what they answered (not just whether the question was answered correctly - as can be seen in open details: this is not helpful for someone who got some parts correct on a matching question), and the feedback for individual questions before taking additional attempts.

Any advice?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 am   Post subject: Re: Review quiz option for a failed attempt at quiz

Indeed, if a quiz can be re-taken by students (i.e. students have multiple attempts to take a quiz), the "retake quiz" button is demonstrated instead of the "review quiz" button.

It's done because a student, if he fails, is able to view not only his incorrect answers but also correct answers for each question, so he may cheat next time he takes this quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Review quiz option for a failed attempt at quiz

That's what I feared. It would be a nice feature if users who failed could see the questions with what they answered, whether this answer was correct or incorrect, and the feedback, without actually seeing what the correct answer was for questions they answered incorrectly. This way they could use the feedback constructively to find out why their answer was wrong and what area of the resource they should look at again.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Review quiz option for a failed attempt at quiz

I'll add it to the feature requests! Hopefully one of the future versions will have a choice to enable or disable quiz review in case of multiple attempts available.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:11 am   Post subject: Re: Review quiz option for a failed attempt at quiz

Thank you Stacy.

Profile profile test