Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:23 am   Post subject: Passing score on quiz results page

I have a quiz that has one single question and the question type is Multiple Choice Text. I have 7 lists (i.e. 7 drop down for the 7 answers I would like the users to fill in). As such I set the score for this question to 7 and allowed partial answers. I set the passing score for the quiz to 40%.

If a user scores 2/7, they are told they failed (which is correct) but the message they get is:
Your score: 2 28%
Passing score: 2 40%

This is confusing because it suggests that the passing score is 2 (but users getting 2/7 correctly get told they have failed), but 40% is 2.8, so this should be rounded to 3. Even if the passing score was 29% (2.03/7) anything below a score of 3 would be a fail, and 3 or above would be a pass.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 am   Post subject: Re: Passing score on quiz results page

Thank you for your question.

The issue is that the decimal part of the user score and the passing score (in points) is not displayed on the result screen, however the percentage is always reflected correctly.

As a general rule, user score is always rounded up. The passing score value is always rounded down (that's why "2" is displayed instead of "3" in your example).

Profile profile test