Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:10 pm   Post subject: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

I'm using iSpring Converter 6.3.0 and once the PowerPoint is converted to html5 and uploaded to the Canvas LMS, the narration on some slides cuts off about half way through. If I click past that slide to the next one it might work fine, then the next one might not. The narration was done in PowerPoint. Someone asked if I used the iSpring Manage Narration editor. I don't see one. Also, I use Chrome as my browser because it works best with Canvas.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

Hi, thank you for using our forum!

The media editor is only a part of iSpring Pro and iSpring Suite, so you won't find it on the iSpring Converter toolbar.

Please check if you enabled the "Extended compatibility" option in Publish --> Advanced tab of your iSpring Converter. By the way, do you view this presentation on a regular PC or an iPad/other mobile device?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

Hi, and thank you for your reply. I read the previous forum questions on this similar technical issue and yes I have Extended compatibility checked. I am using a PC.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 am   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

Please address the question to support@ispringsolutions.com. We'll need to make some tests with the presentation. Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

I have reported this to iSpring support, but so far they have not come up with a solution for me.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:42 am   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

I wanted to see if your issue was ever resolved..... I am having similar problems and have submitted the issue to iSpring support.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

iSpring could not find the problem, but I was able to make the converted PowerPoints work by reducing their file sizes which included compressing the presentations, removing fancy transitions from slide to slide, removing all animations within the slides, removing some images, and breaking the PowerPoints up into separate parts. I think the problem is with the LMS I am using (Canvas) although I'm not totally sure of that. In any case, reducing the file size of the presentations has allowed them to work without cutting out. Hope this helps.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio cuts off on some slides and not on others

iSpring could not find the problem, but I was able to make the converted PowerPoints work by reducing their file sizes which included compressing the presentations, removing fancy transitions from slide to slide, removing all animations within the slides, removing some images, and breaking the PowerPoints up into separate parts. I think the problem is with the LMS I am using (Canvas) although I'm not totally sure of that. In any case, reducing the file size of the presentations has allowed them to work without cutting out. Hope this helps.

Profile profile test