Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:13 pm   Post subject: iSpring Pro 7 - HTML5 - iPad viewing, indefinite loading

Generally we've found the new iSpring Pro 7 works great. We're suffering a bizarre problem with iPads and viewing SCORMS on our Moodle site.

The presentations play fine on a PC/Mac, no issues reported. Generally, iPad users also having no issue apart from a few are saying the presentation starts, first slide displays in background, however the translucent loading flower remains on the screen indefinitely.

We've looked into this ourselves, trying to find the issue. Two identical iPad 3's, both using the same internet connection, both with iOS7.02, settings identical in every respect, logging into identical accounts. One plays without issue, other just hangs forever, no matter what we try on the one that hangs, it refuses to play. Tried clearing history/cache, reset, reload, shutdown Safari and restart, nothing allows the presentation to begin.

This issue is also reported by an iPad 4 user, same problems. We saw similar behaviours when we initially tested the product, because our proxies were blocking the audio files, the loading flower just never disappeared.

How can we find the root cause to the problem? We don't have Macs, so apart from trying to sniff the connection to the problem iPad, is there another way of debugging this fault?

Unfortunately we cannot allow access to our Moodle website.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Regards

Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:34 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - HTML5 - iPad viewing, indefinite loading

Dear Dave,
Thank you for your post.
The problem might occur if the server MIME types for media files (video and audio) are not configured correctly. It's necessary to add .mp4, .mp3, .ogg and .webm formats to the MIME maps on the server that hosts the HTML5 presentations. To avoid some issues with fonts we'd also recommend that you add .woff format to the MIME types as well.
If the issue still occurs, please send us a sample course to support@ispringsolutions.com. We guarantee absolute confidentiality of the files.
Could you please also try to open the course not from Moodle, but from some other website? Does the issue still occur?
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - HTML5 - iPad viewing, indefinite loading

Thanks for your response.

I have confirmed on the server that all the required MIME types are configured already. I've also tested the HTTP responses to ensure the server is serving the correct responses, which it is.

I've not had the opportunity to upload the content to another web server to test.

Our presentations are circa 150+ Mb, so I cannot email you the presentations, is there another way?

Regards

Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:10 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - HTML5 - iPad viewing, indefinite loading

Thank you for your message.
If your files are rather large, you can use any third-party tool like Dropbox, WeTransfer or YouSendIt to send the files.
I hope this works for you.

Profile profile test