Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 am   Post subject: Implementing Tincan API

I'm a developer and am trying to implement tincan api on my own with iSPring pro. After I've created and published my course in tincan, I get a login screen once the course is launched. However, logging in with the same credentials as given while creating the course gives a "Cannot connect to Learning Record Store (LRS) " error! I'm not sure what needs to be done or what kind of response is it expecting. The tincan endpoint is valid and returns a 200 OK response.

Please help me!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Implementing Tincan API

Thank you for your post.
Could you please specify, are you opening the course locally on your machine or it's placed somewhere online? Or you're opening it in Preview?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Implementing Tincan API

I'm opening it locally to test it on localhost. The endpoint is a localhost link. Also I was wondering is it possible to remove the authentication altogether. My users who will have access to the course will already be authenticated and as such any further authentication when viewing the course would be needless.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:11 am   Post subject: Re: Implementing Tincan API

Thank you for your reply.
Do you mean you would like to remove the authentication for Tin Can? Actually it's not possible to remove the authentication in Tin Can endpoint as it's necessary for detecting if there's access to send the results.
Also you might get the error message if your browser or Flash player plug-in has security restrictions which do not allow sending any information to the Internet from locally placed Flash files. This can happen only if a generated Flash file is placed locally on your computer. You can check if it is so, once you publish the generated Flash file on the web, in this case you should not get any error.
You can also avoid this by changing the necessary settings: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/faqs/134-how-to-fix-quiz-results-sending-to-email-server-problem.html
I hope this helps.

Profile profile test