Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:01 am   Post subject: HTML5 Presentations slow/unresponsive

Hi,

I have been testing our combined (HTML5 and Flash) presentations on multiple devices. The Flash version (via PC) works as intended with all animations working smoothly and pages loading instantly.

The HTML5 version however is quite 'clunky'. The animations are jittery, the load times on each page vary from instant to minutes (literally) and commonly the presentation will become unresponsive.

This is the case on various devices (PC, Google Nexus 10, iPad third generation). Each device is connected to a fast Fibre internet connection so there is no bottleneck when it comes to download/upload speed.

I think a large contributing factor would be the presentation loading/downloading throughout the presentation, much like a website, as opposed to a large initial download of the entire presentation.

Could you please let me know if there is anything that I can do on this end to increase performance? Currently these issues make the presentations almost unusable due to the load times on pages.

Thank you,
Tim Whitehouse

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:33 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Presentations slow/unresponsive

Thanks for your post!

It sounds like you've already done some thorough comparative diagnostic analysis on this issue; I appreciate the assistance!

The first thing I would recommend would be to republish, and this time swing by the Advanced (http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/ ... anced.html) tab of the publish settings and make sure the option to Generate narration files for each slide is unchecked. I suspect that should improve your preloading problems, especially if you have a media-heavy presentation, which it sounds like you just might.

Other than that, we can go down the list of usual suspects. If you're still encountering slow response time after trying the above (or if it doesn't apply), then I'd appreciate some more information on your publishing and playback environments. Screenshots or an exported .ISPUB file of your publishing settings would be helpful, along with complete version and build number of the product. As for the rest, you're more than welcome to send your source and output files to our support email, support@ispringsolutions.com for further analysis.

Thanks for your patience!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:32 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Presentations slow/unresponsive

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your suggestion. After unchecking the 'generate narration files for each slide' option the playback of these presentations improved dramatically on all formats.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Tim Whitehouse

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Presentations slow/unresponsive

Hi Tim,

Great news! Glad to see my powers of inference score a direct hit every now and then. Which reminds me of this *very* dry joke: "Why use the principle of induction? Well, it's always worked so well for us in the past..."

Happy iSpringing!
-b

Profile profile test