Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:05 am   Post subject: Quizmaker Usability on iPhone

In landscape, when i click continue, the bar for ios7 pops up. The bar is still there on the next question, so i have to turn the phone then turn it back to landscape.

On info slides I can zoom in, but I can not zoom out.

This makes ispring on the iPhone quite cumbersome.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker Usability on iPhone

Thank you for your post. We are aware of that.
I personally hate this Safari behaviour most of all and it is the most irritating thing in iOS 7. Our engineers haven't found the resolution or a workaround for this issue which could mean that there is maybe nothing that can be done at this point.
We can recommend use another browser app e.g. Chrome which works way more intuitive and less distracting on my opinion than new updated Safari.
I don't know maybe it's my personal thing but even on Mac I prefer Chrome to Safari.

Quote:
On info slides I can zoom in, but I can not zoom out.

Is it only for Info Slides? Please update to the newest iSpring version and publish again.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker Usability on iPhone

chrome is better in that respect, however the pinch and zoom feature is spotty. I can make the content larger, but not smaller - but this isn't even consistent. Sliding from side to side doesn't work either.

This file has the latest update from March 20th.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker Usability on iPhone

Right now we are working on improving iSpring mini-player that will be used on iPhones and other smaller screens.
It should react correctly to zoom and pan.
The Safari's toolbar will be opened anyway when clicked at the bottom corner.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker Usability on iPhone

the mini player would be great.

will this still work with domain protection? i wouldn't want anyone to be able to download and keep our content.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker Usability on iPhone

Of course it will retain Domain protection option.
By mini-player I meant the JS player that is shown on iPhone when viewing the presentation in a Safari browser. It's not an iPhone (or Android) app but we also have plans to develop it in the near future.

For current iPad app there is an option that allow saving presentation on the device and depending on that you can choose whether to allow somebody to save it to iSpring app or not.

Profile profile test