Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 am   Post subject: Full Screen Mode No Longer Works with Embedded Flash

For several years all was working fine. I have embedded flash videos which could go to full screen mode (using CTRL-F).

Since moving to ispring Pro 7, Full Screen Mode no longer works.

Is this a feature which has been removed?

(yes, my embed code contains: allowFullScreen="true">. As I said, all worked fine. Now users are complaining about not being able to go to full screen.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Screen Mode No Longer Works with Embedded Flash

It was so in previous versions because we had Flash content only.

We are moving towards modern web concepts and have to throw away functions that are not universal anymore. This is exactly full screen because it's for Flash only. We all know that days of Flash are numbered and soon everything will be in HTML5 and use only browser's full screen options.

Just add a caption at the presentation's start: "press F11 button for viewing it in full screen". It will work for all Windows users. For Mac users it will be another shortcut (like cmd + shift + F).

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:21 am   Post subject: Re: Full Screen Mode No Longer Works with Embedded Flash

F11 does not play videos in full screen and is not a substitute.

It would have been a good thing to alert your users of the change in functionality. I have had to rewrite, re-narrate and re-compile help files due to this change. Several days work.

Is there any chance HTML5 will someday support a Full Screen feature?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Screen Mode No Longer Works with Embedded Flash

As you might know HTML5 is live developing technology and recently we found a way that possible will let us do full screen. This workaround is already planned and we will investigate and most probably we will add it on our roadmap.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Screen Mode No Longer Works with Embedded Flash

I came up with a work around which leverages the strength of the iSpring player. I would be happy to share screen shots if there is a location on support to share.

I was able to pretty much get all required text and links needed for my course onto the player. So now I can use the player itself as the course module page and NOT have to embed the player into a separate page.

I did this by using the Presenter function to store recommended reading for the course. I then used the Resources function to access links to other reading material and course help.

Now the Player itself IS the course module. It opens in full screen and sizes to whatever screen resolution the users is on.

So far this appears to be working well in testing. What is needed to make this really work even better:

- A more robust method of placing static text into the player Sidebar.
- A way to place per slideshow clickable web links/file links into the player sidebar.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Screen Mode No Longer Works with Embedded Flash

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for the post and for sharing your idea!
I hope it will also be helpful for other iSpring customers.
Do you think that to place the weblinks on the "Resources" tab in iSpring player might work for you?
As a workaround, perhaps you can create notes for each slide and include Closed captioning in the iSpring player?

Profile profile test