Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:50 pm   Post subject: Any benefit of converting .wav file narrations to .mp3?

I am trying to speed HTML5 downloading/response of my videos which contain narration. I find that by converting the narration .wav files to .mp3 the individual file size is cut dramatically. (I convert the files and then import them individually overwriting the existing .wav files in the presentation)

In theory this should allow the HTML5 video to download/play quicker. Testing however doesn't seem to render great speed improvements.

Has anyone else tested this and is the effort spent on converting to .mp3 narration files worth the effort?

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Any benefit of converting .wav file narrations to .mp3?

I see now that iSpring automatically converts .wav files to .mp3 during html5 conversion. So my question was answered!

Profile profile test