Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 am   Post subject: Electronic clicking sound between slides

I am using iSpring Presenter 7 and have recorded video directly into the presentation using a HD webcam and separate microphone (ie I have not imported previously recorded video)

The video plays perfectly in Preview (sound and video perfectly synchronized). The only problem is that as the presentation transitions between slides, there is an electronic clicking sound which is very obvious. When viewing the presentation in the Narration Editor, this sound coincides with the cursor hitting the end of one clip (slide) in the Timeline and the start of the next (slide). Cropping the ends of the clips doesn't help - the click just transfers to the new cropped clip end.

The clicking is still audible after publishing. Has anyone experienced this - any ideas on what I can do?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Electronic clicking sound between slides

Am I correct thinking that this sound has been taken from physical mouse clicks?
Resolution:

• Crop clips at the end and at the very beginning not to hear it
  • Use mouse pad or possibly isolate mouse from voice recording area
  • Use another microphone

If it's a hardware sound then it must be an issue with the driver.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Electronic clicking sound between slides

Thanks, but no, the sound is definitely not coming from the mouse clicks. We have cropped the slides at the beginning and end, however, as mentioned, the click just transfers to the newly cropped clip end.

We can try using another microphone and see whether this makes a difference.

When you say an 'issue with the driver', what does this mean? Is this something that we can change?

Many thanks for your help

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:16 am   Post subject: Re: Electronic clicking sound between slides

We have solved the problem! We were using a microphone that had an analog input into the microphone jack of the computer. Once we swapped to a microphone that had a USB connection to the computer, there was no more loud clicking and instead, lovely silent slide transitions!

Profile profile test