Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 am   Post subject: Player iSpring Presenter 7

Hi,

We are using both iSpring Presenter 7 and iSpring Pro 7 in my company. The player we have been using for a while is based on the "Streamline" player.
I can select this player in iSpring Pro but no in iSpring Presenter. Is there a reason for it? I would prefer that the layout is identical among all the modules we develop.
Besides, I don't manage to import the player parameters (isplayer file) any more, in both iSpring Pro and iSpring Presenter. The error message is "The specific settings file was created with an older version of iSpring Pro and can't be imported", even though the file was created with iSpring Pro 7...

Thanks for your support!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Player iSpring Presenter 7

I have to say that the design and the style of the Streamline player is rather old-fashioned that's why it's a legacy player now. The Streamline player is only available within iSpring Pro, but since there's no such player for iSpring QuizMaker it will not be added to future versions of iSpring Presenter or Suite. We don't really have many clients who would request to keep this player, that's also one of the reasons why it was decided to remove it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Player iSpring Presenter 7

Thanks for your answer Vladimir.
I understand that you would like to move towards a version that looks 2014 and that is compatible with tablets.
However, I find the color options in the universal player quite limited: no gradient possible. Also, there is no option to place the thumbnails in a tab separated (not in the outline). I find the thumbnails convenient to find a slide already viewed, but when I place it in the outline, the list becomes very long and it difficult to navigate..
I hope you understand these needs.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Player iSpring Presenter 7

I have discussed your case with our developers and we have found a workaround for you. You can easily copy the folder with the Streamline player to the corresponding folder with installed product (usually it is C:\Program Files\iSpring\Presenter 7\players).

I attach the zip archive of the player. You should close PowerPoint, download and install the new version of Presenter, then unzip the archive with the player and copy the folder to the folder with the product on your hard drive.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/numl7jkid6cgsfl/streamline.zip

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Player iSpring Presenter 7

Thanks for the workaround!
I guess it means that I need to place it back in the folder after each update... If in the future this player is not compatible with iSpring, that will still be a problem. I prefer having a sustainable long term template and use your standard player.
The only strong blocking point that I have with the universal player is the thumbnail tab which does not exist any more. Could it be possible to position the thumbnails in another tab? That would be really great!

Another question (not related):
At the moment, there is an option "fit the window" that we can tick when we export. I guess that depending on the users, some prefer a large player and others prefer a smaller player at the center of the page. Could this option be a button (like the old full screen mode)?

Sorry for all the questions, I really would like having a definitive player and not changing it regularly!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Player iSpring Presenter 7

This player type will not embedded in future.
Could you please specify your question and send it at support@ispringsolutions.com? Screenshots will be helpful and maybe it will be added to a list of feature requests for a considering.

Profile profile test