Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:11 pm   Post subject: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

Hello,
I have a wordpress installation where I use Quizmaker 7. I publish using the tincan settings and upload the file to wordpress using Grassblade. Today I noticed that the finish button doesn't respond at all. The 'next', 'submit' and 'review' buttons are working fine, however the 'finish' button does not respond at all.

Can you please help?

Thank you,
Andrea

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

Dear Andrea,

Could you please provide us with the link to the uploaded quiz and send us the original .quiz file for a research at support@ispringsolutions.com?
We will be happy to research the issue. Please don't hesitate to send personal or business content; the confidentiality of your files is guaranteed.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

Yes I have the same problem. This is a major function to make the quiz fit for use for my clients. How will I be alerted to to this fix?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

I have just done some more test with this, and if the link is to go to another URL for both pass and fail, the finish button works. However if the option to close the browser window is selected, then for either pass or fail the window doesn't close. I have tried with Chrome and Firefox and get the same.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

The point is that "Finish" button is used to send the results, but it doesn't close the window. I have to say there is no option to change its behavior due to the Flash Player limitations.
It also depends on the system where you upload the quiz. There are some LMS's that allow to close the Window, and on the other hand some LMS's don't allow to do that.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:11 am   Post subject: Re: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

Hi Julia, thanks for the quick response. But if this is not a feature to be implemented why is there an option in quiz result properties to "close browser window"? In fact, the default finish action is to "Close the browser window"

In your link:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/ ... esult.html

It says "When users finish the quiz, the browser window in which users are viewing your quiz will close. " But it doesn't. However, if it helps, I do seem to remember it did work in some earlier versions of this software.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Finish button not working Quizmaker 7

Thank you for the post!
Finish button will work perfectly and close the browser window if your LMS system allows this action.
You can also create EXE file (Publish general settings), so it will open Flash in a standalone built-in player. Finish button will also work there.
The matter is that browser's window cannot be closed by means of Flash. Security policy will not allow Flash object to close its window, that is why the close button doesn't work in browser.
Not to confuse your users, please just uncheck Finish button in the "Result slide" options.

Profile profile test