Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:15 pm   Post subject: Preloading feature

my client feedback that the interactive in the presentation that created using ispring ( html5 output) is slow and something not responding, he suggested that I generate an integrated pre-loader to make sure that the program is fully loaded before the user click the interaction button.
My question:
1. What is a pre-loader?
2. How to create ?
thanks
Delong

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:29 am   Post subject: Re: Preloading feature

i would be very interested in this as well.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Preloading feature

Preloader can be embedded to Flash version of the presentation. HTML5 doesn't utilize this function.

Preloader waits until the very first slide is loaded and then starts showing the presentation. If your first slide doesn't have any narration, audio or any other content it probably won't be even shown.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 am   Post subject: Re: Preloading feature

Hi,

Is there no way to force the client to download the entire HTML5 presentation before it begins to play? I too am having issues of slow and unresponsive playback in the HTML5 versions of my presentations, even if the client has a decent internet connection. This makes for a very frustrating experience when viewing these presentation on tablet devices.

Regards,
Tim Whitehouse

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Preloading feature

I am using the most current (7.0), and after uploading HTML 5-published presentations to my SCORM 1.2 Learning management system, they have severe issues with slow, and even unresponsive playback. The loading wheel shows on each slide, hangs randomly at some point within the presentation, and never recovers. The presentations have no animation or video, about 33 slides each, and contain 1-2 munities of audio per slide. Unfortunately, this is a show stopper for me since I cannot require a download of the iSpring Player app for our client's mobile devices due to restrictions in-place, set by my client's individual systems security groups. So, I am moving back to using another tool until, and if a solution is found.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Preloading feature

Thank you for posting here!
I am very sorry that you have run into this inconvenience, however, the output size of the presentation makes sense while playing the presentation.
I would suggest to set compression settings for audio as 20-30% (go Publish -> Compression tab).
As result, the audio will be quite good in quality, and the size will be decreased.

Profile profile test