Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:15 am   Post subject: iSpring Pro 7 - expoted flash file twice as large

Hi,
We used iSpring to create our flash courses 3 years ago with iSpring Pro 5 I believe. Now that we need to update some copyright text and had to export again. We used the same settings with Pro 7 this time, but the flash for every lesson is approximately twice as large as our old files. I have changed the settings under compression and frame rate in advanced, but there is almost no change to the file size. Have I missed anything?
We don't insert videos to our slides, and only text, images, audios with animation.

Jay

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - expoted flash file twice as large

Dear Jay,
Thank you for your post!
The point is that we improved conversion mechanism in the recent versions. Also the size of the Flash file created with version 7 is larger dew to the fact that the presentation player itself obtained more significant size.
But if the file was increased to a really significant extent, please send us the original file for research.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:45 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - expoted flash file twice as large

I have changed the settings under compression and frame rate in advanced, but there is almost no change to the file size.

http://www.testking.net/testking-HP2-E58.htm

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - expoted flash file twice as large

Thank you for posting here!

The thing is that compression settings influence only the media resources that were embedded into the presentation and not the whole presentation output size.

At the same time please note, that if you create a combined presentation the output size will be increased since to Flash components will be added HTML5 ones.

Moreover, some mechanism are changed in comparison with the previous versions as my colleague had explained earlier here, and this influence the output result as well.

Profile profile test