Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 am   Post subject: You tube Preview won't play in Free version

I have just installed the free version of iSpring and tried to embed a You Tube clip but after pasting the link the preview doesn't play and when i go to play the slide show it doesnt show up on the slide, which is blank, though the frame briefly shows up.

Other tutorials i have seen say to delete "watch?" and change = to / but i presume iSpring does this automatically. Please advise why it isnt working! Thankyou.
I have PPT 2007

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 am   Post subject: Re: You tube Preview won't play in Free version

Thank you for he post!
Adobe Flash Player security restrictions does not allow locally running Flash files to access resources in the Internet. Youtube videos are running in the internet. That's why they are inaccessible when Flash application is running locally.
But you can try the following workaround to view YouTube in PowerPoint presentation locally, on your PC but connected to the internet:
1) Open your web browser and search for Flash Global Security Settings Panel
2) Add location - browse for files or folders.
3) Publish the presentation.
4) iSpring Insert YouTube won’t work. Use Web Object instead.
5) Go to YouTube and choose any sample video, for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHsGIt_zG0
6) Replace with http://www.youtube.com/embed/ydHsGIt_zG0

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:22 pm   Post subject: Re: You tube Preview won't play in Free version

Hi, thanks for reply,
However im stuck from step 3 !

Firstly though the Add location - is that the location of my PPT?
I still have my PPT file open with iSpring icons.
When i publish presentation it creates a SWF file.

Then i can't see where Use Web object instead is at step 4.

Im still a bit confused!

Thanks for your help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: You tube Preview won't play in Free version

Thank you for the post!
Most probably the issue occurs because you use iSpring Free 6 that doesn't allow to insert YouTube videos.
The point is that not a while ago YouTube entirely switched to AS3 player with no AS2 compatibility that was there before and that has been working fine with earlier iSpring AS2 presentations.
But next month we are going to release iSpring Free 7 version that will allow you to insert YouTube videos and convert presentations to Flash and HTML5 formats.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 am   Post subject: Re: You tube Preview won't play in Free version

Thankyou for your 2nd reply.
"Most probably the issue occurs because you use iSpring Free 6 that doesn't allow to insert YouTube videos."
Is this JUST because of AS3 issues? Does this mean that the paid version doesnt work because of You Tube changes, or is it a way to sell the other versions?

Why isnt this explained on the download page for the free version 6? - i have now wasted time and been frustrated at trying to work out if i had been doing something wrong when its the program! Disininformation doesnt help the reputation of a product.

I know its not exactly your fault that YT changes make v6 ineffective, BUT there should now be a note on the webpage saying that v7 is on its way to enable compatilbility with You Tube changes to AS3. If its not clear to prospective customers that v6 wont work with these YT changes then im less likely to upgrade to the paid versions. Not happy.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:57 pm   Post subject: Re: You tube Preview won't play in Free version

Dear Caviar,
I am very sorry that you experience these difficulties and it make you waste a lot of time.
Actually it wasn't a specifically organized way to make our customers purchase a business license of iSpring products.
We always try to make our customers happy with our products and next month a new version of iSpring Free will be available where YouTube videos will perfectly work after publishing.
Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test