Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:51 pm   Post subject: User name in report email subject

When I have a large number of people taking the quiz, I need to filter the report emails by quiz takers name, which they enter at the start of the quiz. I have tired putting the USER_NAME variable in the email subject but it doesn't work. What syntax should I use to do this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:17 pm   Post subject: Re: User name in report email subject

Thank you for your post.

In order to get reports from the participants with their names (and emails) you should make sure that you checked some features before publishing:

"Ask for quiz taker information" (Properties -> Main tab)
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/ ... _main.html

"Use quiz taker's name and email if available" (reports customization).
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/ ... ation.html

Hope that was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:00 am   Post subject: Re: User name in report email subject

Vladimir,

Thank you for that it works.

If I want to get the user score in the email header as well, what variable name do I need to put in the email subject line? And which syntax would I use "%VARIABLE_NAME%" or %VARIABLE_NAME% or something else?

The reason I ask is that I can see someone's score in Outlook without opening the email. this is particularly helpful when there are large numbers of people taking the quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 pm   Post subject: Re: User name in report email subject

I regret to say that USER_NAME and USER_EMAIL variables will not work in this case.
At present time there is no such a feature to put user's name into subject line of reports, sorry about that.

Profile profile test