Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:36 pm   Post subject: Video pauses on click but seekbar keeps going

I have inserted a WMV video into a presentation. When the user clicks on the video it pauses but the seekbar continues to go, this causes problems because the seekbar goes to the end and it looks like the slide is over but the video hasn't played in full yet. Has anyone else had this trouble? I did a quick search on the forums but cannot find a reference to it. In a perfect world, could we disable the pause when you click on the video and only let them pause by using the pause button?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Video pauses on click but seekbar keeps going

Thank you for the post!
Please specify how exactly you inserted the video in the presentation? Was it inserted via iSpring "Manage Narration" tool or perhaps via PowerPoint "Insert" option?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Video pauses on click but seekbar keeps going

It was inserted via powerpoint insert. I tried it via manage narration but I couldnt get it to play.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Video pauses on click but seekbar keeps going

For those interested I found a workaround solution for this as this was causing completion issues for us (the user paused the movie by tapping the pause button but then tapped the movie and it finished but they couldnt advance because the timeline was still paused).

We covered the movie with a transparent box so the user could not tap on the movie and pause it, it forces them to use the pause button. Hope this helps!

Profile profile test