Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:52 am   Post subject: Password protect

Dear,
is there any method to protect with password a quiz?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am   Post subject: Re: Password protect

Unfortunately Ispring quizmaker 7 does not have a "password protect" feature when you publish your quizzes outside the "Ispring on-line" platform.
Several people have requested the password protection feature though, so perhaps it will be added to version 8.
If you have your own website, you might wish to contemplate using some member management system so that only members in a predefined group could access the quiz or some php script to protect the page.
There's one "dirty cheap work around" that you could use without having to resort to anything too complicated, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Basically, you could remove all the feedback from the test and only send it back by email to people you have in "your list" so to speak.

How? like this:

1) In Settings -> Main make sure you've ticked "Ask for user name and email" + disable Display cumulative score with each question + disable Display question value.
2) Settings -> Navigation Disable the Display correct / incorrect icons + tick disable points + untick display actual points awarded.
3) Settings -> Question defaults untick "provide feedback for graded questions"
Ask student to enter their email, get their test results by email and only send back the answers if they're from someone in your list.
4 Settings -> Result Make sure you untick "Show result on screen in both tabs, if a user passes or if a user fails.
(note: you might need to tweak the settings a bit more, but I think that would do it).

It's a rather "ugly" alternative though, because the user experience wouldn't be as much fun... :) (but perhaps not so bad if you invest a bit of time working on a nice answer sheet for the test: the user sends his answers, you get them by email, you send him back the correct answers sheet + his test answers.)

I guess it's a difficult decision for Ispring: They want to get more people to use "iSpring on-line", and that's one of the features that the platform does offer. But on the other hand I reckon that people who have their own websites and are used to publishing quizzes on those sites and know a little bit about how those things work are not the biggest potential customers of the platform anyway, so it might be well worth it for iSpring to add this feature in their next version.

I hope they do! ;)

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Password protect

Great,
but i prefer to wait the 8 version.
thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Password protect

I'm not saying it will be added in version 8 though. Only that I hope they do add it! It'd be a great add on, that's for sure...

Regards.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Password protect

we wish:)
regard

Profile profile test