Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 am   Post subject: Youtube-video in iSpring/html5 - issue on touch screens

The following question is -- as a matter of fact -- not a intrinsic iSpring-problem, but since its contained in its final outputs I need to know how you, as iSpring/e-learning professionals, deals with that matter.

This goes for screen touch mobile devices: Its concerning the big red YouTune-playback-button you see, when embedding a YT-video in a html5 iSpring-presentation. On android and iOS-tablets/phones it seems so that the very spot in the middle is inactive or numb to tapping/press actions for running the video.

If you otherwise move your finger slightly off the red/white button and press the movie starts as expected.

Check an actual page here ("Klik for start". The video appears after "Billede 1")
http://raaskot.dk/raalab/ispring/touch_test/ui_test_04/index.html (test it on touchscreen/mobiles)

This is actually a phenomena you'll notice on YT-videos in non-iSpring outputs (slightly down on the page):
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/web_graphics/article.php/3480061/How-To-Add-a-YouTube-Video-to-Your-Web-Site.htm

I've several times experienced users repeatedly tapping in the screen center -- on the red button -- with no effect. From an UX point of view this performs annoyance.

Do you have any opinions or advices how to deal with this, i.e. a tag to prevent the central "numb" red/white button and make the entire window clickable?

Kind regards,
Mikael

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube-video in iSpring/html5 - issue on touch screens

Thank you for posting here!

Can I ask you to contact us via email, so I will be able to share some details and results of the research?
Hope to hear from you soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:54 am   Post subject: Re: Youtube-video in iSpring/html5 - issue on touch screens

Great, thanks! I've mailed you my details on support@ispringsolutions.com.

Kind regards, Mikael

Profile profile test