Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:25 pm   Post subject: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

I need to update the quiz in a power point course. Everything had been working fine. I created the quiz, published the course, and then I moved the location of my power point file to the folder produced in the publishing process so the power point and zip file would be together.

Now the power point opens just fine, but I get the message 'iSpring Presenter has been unable to find the quiz automatically. Do you want to locate it manually or create a new quiz?'

Where do I locate the quiz? The published quiz output folders are empty. I do have a zipped version of the published course.

How do I avoid this in the future. This was a branched quiz that took a long time to create. I am not sure how it became unattached to the power point, but I don't want this to happen again.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

Thank you for posting here!

The thing is that once you embed and save the quiz into your PowerPoint presentation iSpring creates a source folder where the .quiz file is located.
There you can find such folders as audio, video, attachments, quiz etc.

This folder will be created in the folder where the presentation is located and entitled as the presentation.
The quiz can be lost if you move/replace the presentation separately from the source folder as well as others files.

At the same time, if you need to move it and do not want to take the whole folder with it you can take only the presentation and the .quiz file.
After that open the presentation in PowerPoint, hit the Quiz button and choose Locate option and browse for the quiz file you already created.

After that the quiz will be opened in a new QuizMaker window where you can edit it, save and return to the presentation.
This file will be re-embedded and added to the source folder that will be created after saving the quiz.

Hope this was helpful!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

Hello Vladimir,
Thank you for your reply. I have a folder that was created when I saved the presentation. I have 2 in fact, but the quiz folders are empty. I don't know why. I must have deleted the source folder after publishing, thinking it was an unnecessary folder created in the publishing process. There are a lot of extra folders that are created that are not very descriptive of why they are there.

This leads to a few recommendations:
1. If possible, I would recommend that the source folder that is created has a (source) created behind the file name, just like the (LMS) folder that is produced in the SCORM publishing process. I dumped the power point presentation into the (LMS) folder because it was so clearly defined.
2. When a quiz is attached/saved to the power point, a pop up could appear warning against separating the presentation and the source file.

Maybe my IT department can find an archived copy of the file. But I think I'm going to have to redo everything.

Thanks for your time and your consideration on my suggestions.

-Elaine

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:26 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

I am really sorry that you are facing such an inconvenience within publishing process.
I will forward your suggestions to our developers to consider.

Thank you for your patience and have a nice day!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:41 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

This has happened to me frequently! I now make several copies of every quiz but even then they just vanish. They also all save as quiz 1 which makes it very difficult to find the right one. Other times the wrong quiz attaches to the powerpoint! Using iSpring is really frustrating.

A very disappointed customer.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:57 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

I really appreciate your frustration.

However, quizzes are external objects that are located on slides in a frame window with iSpring Presenter 7/Suite 7 facilities.

The only thing to do here is to keep all files together with the original presentation and save changes if they were made, so all files will be kept in order and this issue will not make you suffer this inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:53 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

Thanks Vladamir. I do keep them together but now I also export them to a memory stick both separately and together so I have back up copies!

I have another, more serious, issue. A colleague has sent me quizzes to edit but I cannot open them! I get the message

'Unable to open the specified quiz file. The file is either corrupted or has an unsupported format.'

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Thank you

Celine

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

I am very sorry that you have faced such an inconvenience!

Can I ask you to provide me with the .quiz file that is corurpted? Our engineers will try to restore the file and make it working.
Please send the file to support@ispringsolutions.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:21 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

Thanks so much Vladamir. I shall do that right away.

Best wishes

Celine

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:33 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I Locate a Lost Quiz?

Thank you for your quick reply.
Further communication will be conducted via email.

Profile profile test