Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:44 pm   Post subject: Branched quiz based on quiz taker's information

Hello,
I created a course for my company's fire drill plan. It included general information for everyone, but also information about which exit to use if you are in a certain area of the building.

When I created the quiz, my first question was a multiple choice question asking which area of the building the quiz taker was located in. Depending on their answer, the quiz branched to area specific questions.

I had to select 1 answer/premise as correct. I set the feedback to 'none' though, so the quiz taker would not receive a 'correct' or 'incorrect' response to their answer. Each answer/premise was set to branch to the next question based on their area.

The quiz worked perfectly, however people asked why they couldn't get 100% and why the quiz review told them they selected the wrong area. It is because the 1st multiple choice question had to have a 'correct' answer selected. Additionally, I can not set the point value to zero, so all quiz takers outside that area will receive less than 100%.

How could I have set up a branching quiz based on the quiz taker's information where there is no correct answer on a question that leads to to the rest of the quiz?

Thank you!

Profile profile test