Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:21 am   Post subject: Incorrect quiz score reported

I am using SCORM packages for standalone quizzes that work just fine and send the correct scores to Grade Centre in Blackboard.

However, in a new endeavour I put a quiz at the end of a PowerPoint presentation/tutorial and published it as a SCORM package. The user goes through the PowerPoint and does a 1 question matching pairs quiz at the end.

I am finding that numerous users get either all the pairs correct but get only a random score in grade centre (for example 15.85% or 30.15% or 50%), or they do not get all the pairs correct but still get a score (similar to above but never 100%).

Why is it doing this? Is it just because it is part of a powerpoint? I have over 200 hundred students on this module and do not want to have to go through every submission to check they got the right pairs...

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Incorrect quiz score reported

Thank you for posting here!

The thing is that a standalone quiz is treated as a solid SCORM course and its final score depends only on its score as itself.
However, if the quiz is embedded into the presentation, it will be tracked as part of the SCORM course.
To make long story short, the presentation progress + quiz score = the final score of the course (for the presentation with a quiz inside).

If you need to have the score that is dependent only on the quiz score, then you need to uncheck the Rate number of slides viewed in publishing settings (Publish -> Learning course tab) and rate the quiz only:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vwzn8hitk9lt ... y.png?dl=0

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Incorrect quiz score reported

Fantastic - thank you. Have corrected and republished and all scores now coming in at either 0 or 100%.

Actually quite useful the other way around. Gives me an idea as to who went through the tutorial before attempting the quiz, and who just blagged it

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Incorrect quiz score reported

Thank you for letting me know that!
It is nice to hear that my assistance was helpful!

Profile profile test